What's new
What's new

series I and series II risers

reabdet21

Plastic
I am considering getting a series II mill and wonder if the series I riser would be compatible between them. I have a series I with a 6 inch riser and I would like to be able to move it to the series II.

You can move it, but it won't fit. Different mill entirely.

If you buy a Series II, make sure it's all there and everything works. Parts are hard to come by.
JR

I ran a BP at one time that had a 6" riser on it. What a pain in the ass that was. You will have to run a lot of parts with the quill down. Not good.

We have 2 Series II Specials here that have the Series I heads and both have 6" risers that are the same size as the regular BPs. They're pretty tall. You need a step-stool to change cutters. Both machines have large cross-slide rotary tables and 6" Kurt vices on them that together are about 14" above the table surface, that's the reason for the risers. They don't get used much anymore, but they were extremely useful before CNCs.

Series II specials use the entire turret section of a regular BP. You can put a regular riser on a special, but not on a Series II.
Different animal.
JR

Back