What's new
What's new

Servo 140 power feed disassembly

Glenn Brooks

Aluminum
My Bridgeport clone Servo 140 table feed(right hand side drive) lost its power cord yesterday. One of the wires pulled loose from the bottom of the housing.

I can’t figure out how to remove the innards without damaging the parts. I loosened the bottom housing. Took out the four screews, pulled the nut off the drive gear on the bottom. The parts assembly seems to be held in the housing by a spring load of some sort. Won’t come out. Even the plastic drive wheel on the bottom won’t come off the shaft when prying with a screw driver. The parts diagram shows a retaining pin and clip mid way into the housing. But no way to access them. Crazy.

Any idea how to take these things apart?

Thanks
Glenn

Thanks John,

Found an inspection plate today that I overlooked. Turns out this is an old Servo Model 90. Real Rube Goldberg design with a retaining arm screwed to the inside side wall of the housing, accessible through a small inspection port. The wiring harness is buried under the armature, which appears to be permanently fixed in place- no way to remove that I can see...

The model 140 units appear to be a redesign. Unfortunately...

Iam thinking probably I need to send this out to a repair shop to repair and reassemble properly. I don’t have the proper tools to pull the motor and re install, if indeed that is possible.

Much Appreciate your assistance.

Glenn

Thanks John,

Found an inspection plate today that I overlooked. Turns out this is an old Servo Model 90. Real Rube Goldberg design with a retaining arm screwed to the inside side wall of the housing, accessible through a small inspection port. The wiring harness is buried under the armature, which appears to be permanently fixed in place- no way to remove that I can see...

The model 140 units appear to be a redesign. Unfortunately...

Iam thinking probably I need to send this out to a repair shop to repair and reassemble properly. I don’t have the proper tools to pull the motor and re install, if indeed that is possible.

Much Appreciate your assistance.

Glenn

Servo will tell you it is obsolete and no parts or service is avalible.

Thanks John, i think I tried to call them earlier this evening. Iam in west coast, they were closed, back east somewhere... will try again in the AM.

Glenn

Back