What's new
What's new

Sincere thanks to you that share

Asmach

Plastic
This site has so much to learn because of those who spend the time to share their expertise.
Looking back on some of my early posts here I see how ignorant I was. Because of many members sharing their knowledge many of us new to the profession and hobby shops have saved countless hours and dollars on the learning curve.
Just got done setting up the nicest BP I’ve seen because of the education received on this site. If not for you it would have been trial and error learning the difference between junk and jets.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

This site has so much to learn because of those who spend the time to share their expertise.
Looking back on some of my early posts here I see how ignorant I was. Because of many members sharing their knowledge many of us new to the profession and hobby shops have saved countless hours and dollars on the learning curve.
Just got done setting up the nicest BP IÂ’ve seen because of the education received on this site. If not for you it would have been trial and error learning the difference between junk and jets.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

beware or be careful of
1) people trying to sell stuff. typically saying you need something to maintain job, keep up with the competition, be one of the best, etc
2) people giving risky feed and speed or machining advice. obviously if you go faster trying to save a few minutes but scrap the part and or damage machine that can be a bigger problem. its like driving a car at 120mph obviously theirs a higher risk of getting in a accident.
3) people giving what they think is funny advice. like asking a apprentice to go to heat treat and have the lead hammer hardened. practical jokers are rarely funny or amusing
4) some insecure about job. they can give bad advice on purpose cause basically they do not want to help new people. just saying take any advice with some doubt and do a risk assessment of it, or is it worth trying, ask your self "what if" or what can go wrong ?
5) be careful of other workers. people make mistakes and forget things at times. its like walking up to a mill putting part in vise and start milling and vise moving cause it was only hand tightened the bolts holding to table were not fully tightened cause somebody started but did not finish setup. when you catch others mistakes before they can be a problem you are finally learning to be a expert.
6) when being trained by another looking over your shoulder the most dangerous time is when finally doing things on your own and nobody is there to catch your mistakes. double check more, especially when doing stuff on your own. dont get a false sense of over confidence. most old timers will give a apprentice a few jobs they know they cannot do. til they realize they cannot do or fail at it, is when they loose the over confidence. hard to describe. best teachers often will do this to teach humility or sometimes you need to ask others for help. often a fellow worker or journeyman machinist may not be a expert at everything but can still teach a few things. hard to describe but often you can learn really useful tricks of the trade from others that may not be experts at everything.

Back