What's new
What's new

Supermax Milling machine

J. DeBrular

Cast Iron
I just bought a Supermax milling machine and I don't know a thing about that make except that it is a BP clone. Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

John DeBrular

Mill mnual

I would be greatful for a manual. Let me know your cost & I'll send you a check. Info on my mill is below. I bought this one on e-bay for $760 and I really don't have any idea on condition. It has a one shot oiler, DRO, power on table. I took a chance and hopefully it'll be OK. At that price I should have a guilty conscience.

MFG NO: 90820466

MODEL: YCM-1 ½ VA

Year: 1989

John DeBrular
94 Grafton St
Washington, WV 26181

I really enjoyed both my SuperMax milling machines.

I thought they were quite nice and reliable.

I had the YCM-40 modles with Anilam Crusader 2 control, both were late 1980 early 1990 models.

Do you know what taper you have in your drawbar? Like nmtb 40 or R8?

What a coincidence.I too just bought the same exact thing as John.Pd. $1000.Was on ebay-didn`t sell bought after.The mill was 45 mins. away.Got it home ,cleaned it up and still have to get it wired.Bought a new static phase converter but now as I read some of the other threads I`m not sure that was the type to buy. My machine is R8 and have a new set of colletts and a rack on the way.I`ve cut my teeth on a smithy Ltd 1220(no laughing)for the last 5 yrs. and have made quite a few Harley type parts and was ready for something bigger.Never worked with a full size machine before so I guess you can call me green.Already have most cutters needed and vises,rotary table,etc.Can`t wait to put it to use.Didn`t mean to hi-jack John,just thought it was a good time to jump in say HI,and share my joy.Apologies to all,Terry

O&M

I just bought a Supermax milling machine and I don't know a thing about that make except that it is a BP clone. Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

John DeBrular

John,
I finally got around to scanning the O&M manual for your Supermax. You will receive it in the mail soon.
Les

Supermax mill

Looking forward to seeing the manual. Many thanks.
On moving the mill - I will have to removve the head from the body and I need some info.
The tractor I use to unload will not lift 2200 lbs. So I really don't have any choice. What is the best and safest way to go about this? I believe that mine is an R8 or at least it is supposed to be.

I am glad to help anyone and share info. Drop me a note.

John

J. any chance I could get you to 'pay it forward' once you get the copy of your manual. I hate to bother Toolles after he was so kind to copy one for you. I recently got one of these mills too and need the manual. Maybe someone could post it in the manuals and brochures section. Thanks

manual

Once I get my copy I'll be glad to copy it and forward it to all who provide me with their address. Can anyone tell me the best way to remove the head from the body. The guy that will unload my mill will not move it as one piece - too heavy.

Send your request to [email protected]

John

On the Way

John,
I was delayed a day but I put your owners manual in the mail yesterday. The manual has blow up schematics of all the parts of the mill which should aid you in how to take off the head. I am a novice & can't tell you how but there are plenty of people on this forum who can. B_Schatzle I will be happy to forward a copy of the OM Manual to you via email (PDF) format. Send me a private message with your emaill address & I will send you a copy. Another member did the same for me, that's how I got the manual.
Les

Supermax mill

Many thanks for the manual. I'd like to cover your expenses so drop me a note and let me know what I owe. Drop me a note and it appears that at least three of us have Supermax milling machinnes. I plan to start a group on Yahoo on this brand. so drop by and lets share info.

John DeBrular
[email protected]

I bought a used YC 1 1/2 about a year ago. It has lots of miles but came with lots of tooling. I tightened up some of the slop in the X and Y travel so it is now within reason. It even had a set of Acu Rite scales. I just got a readout for it but havent installed it yet. I built a rotary phase convertor and it works great. My oiling system had some parts removed for some reason and Im trying to locate new ones. I havent used it too much, trying to get used to it. This is my first milling machine. I have a greasy manual and was going to scan it but saw someone had already done that. I signed up on the yahoo group so hope to see you there.

Wayne

I just bought a large old Supermax, I know this is an old thread but fingers crossed... can anyone provide a manual? I can make sure its accessible long term for future viewers too.

Supermax Manuals

I just bought a large old Supermax, I know this is an old thread but fingers crossed... can anyone provide a manual? I can make sure its accessible long term for future viewers too.

I have manuals for a YC-1. I don't know how to attach files on this forum so if you'll PM me your email address I will send you what I've got.
Les

Back