What's new
What's new

Table chatter on rapid feed

endurorider334

Plastic
I have a chatter that comes in on certain section of table travel in one direction only, other direction is fine. Its not on the "high wear section"(middle of the table) either. I have adjusted the gibs and split nut. Machine is only about 10 years old and not a high usage machine. Any other ideas?? Thanks

I have a chatter that comes in on certain section of table travel in one direction only, other direction is fine. Its not on the "high wear section"(middle of the table) either. I have adjusted the gibs and split nut. Machine is only about 10 years old and not a high usage machine. Any other ideas?? Thanks

Lack of oil on the screw/nut

Some more information would be nice. Is this a CNC? Power feed? Does it move via feedback from an encoder?

If it is only happening in one part of the table, it is either the feedback (if any) is probably dirty, there is an issue in the screw, or issue with the ways over that area of travel.

Jon

It is a manual knee mill w/ power feed. I will try lubing the screw and nut with way oil. Would LPS or any aerosol spray be better? Thanks

Back