What's new
What's new

Is there a specific size tool post holder for my 1958-60 Hardinge HLV compound rest?

Pedaler

Plastic
Hello,

I Bought the lathe at an auction. I'm not exactly sure of the year but I know the model is an HLV and not an HLV-H. after looking immensely on-line I'm fairly certain the compound rest is original but I can't seem to Identify the specific size of the slot that will accept the tool holders. I measure somewhere close to 1 1/8" I'm asking because I hope to upgrade to a wedge-style since researching those are more accurate but need advice on sizing not specifically what the best is, just trying to find some compatibility answers. Thanks!

The tool posts that Hardinge made will fit fine. I use the Hardinge quick change type myself, but I also have the Hardinge wedge-adjustable single tool type and some of the Hardinge lantern-type. The Multifix size A will work fine, though I do not use mine on a Hardinge. The KDK 100 series will work OK. I do not use any Aloris, Dorian or clones, so I am not familiar with their sizing.

Larry

The tool posts that Hardinge made will fit fine. I use the Hardinge quick change type myself, but I also have the Hardinge wedge-adjustable single tool type and some of the Hardinge lantern-type. The Multifix size A will work fine, though I do not use mine on a Hardinge. The KDK 100 series will work OK. I do not use any Aloris, Dorian or clones, so I am not familiar with their sizing.

Larry

Thanks, Larry!

Back