What's new
What's new

Time to replace Mitutoyo 982-537-1

Mar-Gun

Plastic
I have a Bridgeport 42" Step Pulley with Chrome Ways and a BP power feed. This is the same style machine I learned to use in High School Machine Shop Class back when they had such a thing. I have owned it 25 plus years and have had a lot of fun using it in my home shop.
So the DRO needed new Batteries a month ago and the tray was corroded. New Bats brought it to life but now it showed an error code for wile and now all it has is the small letters and no numbers. Cleaning the Tray and another set of Bats doesn't do anything for it. I might be able to send it out for repair. Searching for a newer DRO that's compatible with my Scales dosn't look promising.
So maybe its time to buy a new DRO set up for my faithful Mill. What would You recommend ? Something plane and simple is all I need.

I don't see any scales to go with the Sino DRO. The Price is sure right but I might stick with a more name brand.

I don't see any scales to go with the Sino DRO. The Price is sure right but I might stick with a more name brand.

There are other listings where you specify the scale lengths. They don't have a lot of stuff in their listings so it isn't too hard to find the combined DRO with scales.

3 axis Digital Readout SDS6-3V & Linear Scale for 949 Bridgeport Milling Machine | eBay

You can contact the seller too. They are very responsive and the lady there, Li, worked with me making up a listing for a quick change tool post and special shipping. Top marks for communication.

Back