What's new
What's new

Tool Post/Turret Options for BP Romi EZ Path Lathe

curleysracecars

Aluminum
Hey all,
I dont post much but wanted to get opinions on what tool post or turret most people prefer on a machine like a Bridgeport Romi EZ Path lathe?
I recently picked one up for what I think was a good deal but it has no tool post on it.

Any other brands of turrets besides Dorian? Anything better than a generic Aloris CXA post without completely breaking the bank?

All input is appreciated!
Thanks!

Anyone else with any input?
Started thinking about adapting a small turret from a Hardinge chucker machine...(anyone done this before?), or possibly a gang style tooling setup.

Anyone?

I have a Romi M17 with an 8 station Sauer Turret. It was on the machine when I purchased it. The Sauer Turret came on the lathe from Romi. Mine is not a Bridgeport but all the info I can find that Bridgeport relabeled the Romi. If there is anything I can send you as information please let me know! I am currently looking for a tail stock for this machine, preferably with an automated quill. The quill doesn't need to have programmable functions but would be nice.

I had a Dorian electric/air turret on a Milltronics ML20 and didn't like it. On a smaller machine it might be better strength wise, but it was also finnicky to keep the encoder in adjustment.

Milltonics switched to Pragati turrets, I've heard they were better.

The problem with an Aloris style post is that the handle does not clear the door. You have to remove the door, or shorten the handle. I cut 2-1/2" out of this handle. But if the operator forgets and slides the toolpost back the door is going to get torn up.IMG_6723.jpg

Back