What's new
What's new

Torq cut tc3 issue - BMDC??

Greg L.

Plastic
Hi, Not sure if this is a BMDC problem or what. The mill was running and then the table stopped but the spindle kept running. Pushing the start/stop button just made clicks. I tried turning the machine off. On turning it back on, all the axis would home, but would get an error message to re-load tools. Trying to re-load tools would just result in a click. The table would also not jog. So, I go into the 'maintenance page.' I could re-load the tools from there. Then I ran the BMDC test program, B3T.EXE. It came up with the error on the Analog test: "Expected ADC Z axis value is C0, ACD value is BC." And "ADC error!! - not reading zero value properly." If I ran it thru many times, sometimes the expected values/ actual values would be different, but over 90% of the time,there would be such an error. All the other tests for the BMDC board would be fine.

So, am I looking at needing to repair the BMDC board, or is there another issue perhaps with the z axis drive or such?

Thanks,
Greg

I had the same errors with a V2Xt and it turned out to be the pc power supply. If your TC3 has a CIB, do a search or look for threads from a few weeks back about a powerpath. It that thread, machintek explains where to find the power supply on a CIB. I'm unfamiliar with CIB machines as my TC30 and V2XT both are run by typical pc computers but if you do have a CIB and you are able to, I would remove the BMDC and reseat it first before I did anything else.

Ok, I checked the voltages of the PSU. It's for an old AT board. The system is a CIB. The voltages checked out ok.

What can I check now?
Thanks

When I first tested my power supply everything was coming up normal and within range. I was convinced that it was the board having the same errors as you. A different axis would show bad each time I ran the test. I sent the board out for repair only to have it come back to do the same thing. I was at wits end and for my final effort before I did a retrofit, I changed out the power supply for giggles. Sure enough, that was the problem.
You may not be so lucky (although I guess I wasn't lucky cause I paid for a refurbished board anyway) but trying a new power-supply first is a heck of a lot cheaper than a BMDC board. Just my 2 cents.

Repair

Hi, Not sure if this is a BMDC problem or what. The mill was running and then the table stopped but the spindle kept running. Pushing the start/stop button just made clicks. I tried turning the machine off. On turning it back on, all the axis would home, but would get an error message to re-load tools. Trying to re-load tools would just result in a click. The table would also not jog. So, I go into the 'maintenance page.' I could re-load the tools from there. Then I ran the BMDC test program, B3T.EXE. It came up with the error on the Analog test: "Expected ADC Z axis value is C0, ACD value is BC." And "ADC error!! - not reading zero value properly." If I ran it thru many times, sometimes the expected values/ actual values would be different, but over 90% of the time,there would be such an error. All the other tests for the BMDC board would be fine.

So, am I looking at needing to repair the BMDC board, or is there another issue perhaps with the z axis drive or such?

Thanks,
Greg

Did you ever solve your problem?
and what did you find?

Lance

Back