TREE Milling Machine - Model 2UVR
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    kia052003 Guest

I 'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question since the milling machine I have is no longer made.
    Does anyone know where I can locate collets for this mill? The manual says they are Type "X". I talked to Hardinge and they want $400 to make one collet! Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Try calling TREE. I don't have the number, but I have found it online. I was looking to buy an older used TREE before I bought my milltronics. I called the TREE factory and they were very helpfull. The Machine I was looking for used older collets and they were over $100.
    gunmaker

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Please if you have any info of what year is and where can I get parts.

Thank you hello,

I just get my tree mill machine and I need the belt for the spindle feed belt.

my machine have Catalog #350-AAV32/ Series A,

on the motor cap have 3971

and on the aluminum side have 10135 this is on the side where is the spindle feed belt.

Reuland

ser. H-72-3839A-14
    MODEL BL3971X2542
    HP 1.5
    RPM 1800
    VOLTS 220/440

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kia052003 View Post
    I 'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question since the milling machine I have is no longer made.
    Does anyone know where I can locate collets for this mill? The manual says they are Type "X". I talked to Hardinge and they want $400 to make one collet! Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    That is typical if the part is not normally stocked. They quoted me about $500 for a small 40 something tooth gear.

For woodworking there are cylindrical inserts that can be inserted into a router collar to hold smaller diameter bits. Does that work with metal working? I would not bother with it unless there was no other way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Look on ebay. I used to have the same mill and I believe they are ZZ collets. I just took a look and there was a bunch