What's new
What's new

Trying to identify a Bridgeport Mill

Jeffaggie

Plastic
Hello folks. First time to post on this forum but been reading it for awhile and you guys are incredibly knowledgeable. I’m looking to buy a mill for my home shop and I ran across this mill for sell that is within my budget. I went and looked at it yesterday and there’s something different about this Bridgeport, that I haven’t seen on others and after an exhaustive search of google I cannot seem to identify it. I have some pictures of it but don’t see any way of posting them yet. The machine says in the Bridgeport tag the serial number is an M7612, which reveals nothing about it in google(I found a post afterwards that explained where to locate the Model Identification info) however this machine has two motors, one is in the vertical position above the spindle, and the other one is in the horizontal position on the right side of the mill with a ~3” belt going to a pulley/flywheel. On the back of the mill there’s a drive chain, and on the front of the main body below the quill there’s an opening which looks like it is for another spindle. Is this mill a vertical and horizontal combination? I’ll try to add the pictures.

Not really, the horizontal motor is higher up on the side above the work surface. I made another post that had pictures but they aren’t very big, and hard to see. Thank you for the reply

Back