What's new
What's new

Trying to program Teco L510 for use with Bridgeport milling machine

Bellaru433

Aluminum
I've tried everything to get through getting my Teco L510 VFD Programmed for my 1 hp three phase motor on my Bridgeport milling machine.. I have it hooked up properly which is my 220 single phase power for the input but I am not getting what I need to power my 220 3 phase 1 hp motor.. there's just too many parameters that I have no idea what they mean.. i'm sure a lot of them aren't needed as far as any special features on the side,, I just want to be able to turn it on and raise or lower the RPMs with the up and down buttons.. i've contacted electrical motor repair shops which no one has a clue to provide any help,, I tried calling Westinghouse but nobody's answering probably due to this virus,, i'm just trying to find someone who has the same unit to help me through this,, the L510 is a pretty popular unit,, it replaced the older Teco 50 which was pretty common,,, I just don't know what to do,, I would gladly pay someone to come by providing they live locally,, I live in Banning CA,, but haven't been able to find anybody.. there are over 300 parameters that could be set if needed but I am sure just a few of the basics is all that's needed to get it to run,,, i've gone through most of the parameters needed In regards to the information on the motor nameplate But some of them I just don't know what they mean so I don't know what to set them to,,, all I can get the motor to do is spin at the slowest speed possible just a couple RPMs I can't get it to speed up or anything,, I can't believe that I'm totally dead in the water with my machine due to the complicated manual that does not break it down in simple terms in anyway at all... can anyone out there please help me.. I have no problem paying you for your help... thank you.. Joseph

Suggestion: before following through with these YouTube videos or other instructions, I suggest doing a full reset. Typically, devices like this have a reset feature so you can get things back to factory defaults. Check your manual. This will un-do any possible changes you've made that might interfere with any instructions that someone is giving you. And, even though that video is for a lathe, the same settings should apply for your Bridgeport.

Ted

Were you able to set the parameters I gave you?
Those were the only potential culprits I could find......

Also, try posting in the Transformers, Phase Converters, and VFD subforum.
Those guys make us look like fools.... :eek:

Oh I didn't know they had a section for technical stuff like this.. yes I watched every YouTube video that pertains to programming this VFD and they all basically just say how to go through the sequence of inputting the parameters nobody's explaining what the various parameters should be set at and I've read the manual cover to cover twice and nowhere in there does it say how to reset this unit I've tried calling Westinghouse and nobody's answering over there probably due to this virus crap I've been on this for two weeks now and I know that it's because I have something set up wrong where it's not feeding the motor properly I just don't know what it is.. there are literally 300 various settings regarding different parameters it's amazingly ridiculous... I just can't believe that I can't find somebody that has the same unit hooked up to a milling machine that can dial me in here... I programmed all those that you gave me but there's still more in the motor section of the manual that I don't know what to do with... i'll take your advice and try the other sections in the forum.. Thank you

Oh I didn't know they had a section for technical stuff like this.. yes I watched every YouTube video that pertains to programming this VFD and they all basically just say how to go through the sequence of inputting the parameters nobody's explaining what the various parameters should be set at and I've read the manual cover to cover twice and nowhere in there does it say how to reset this unit I've tried calling Westinghouse and nobody's answering over there probably due to this virus crap I've been on this for two weeks now and I know that it's because I have something set up wrong where it's not feeding the motor properly I just don't know what it is.. there are literally 300 various settings regarding different parameters it's amazingly ridiculous... I just can't believe that I can't find somebody that has the same unit hooked up to a milling machine that can dial me in here... I programmed all those that you gave me but there's still more in the motor section of the manual that I don't know what to do with... i'll take your advice and try the other sections in the forum.. Thank you

I've got a few of the L510 drives, one of them on my bridgeport. You shouldn't have to mess with a bunch of parameters to get it working. Did you do a factory reset like suggested above and do the basic setup from the manual?

You should only have to set a few motor configuration settings for motor current/speed/voltage and then run the auto-tune and it ought to operate the motor just fine after that. Note that the motor is supposed to be disconnected from load when running the auto-tune function.

Start at page 4-30 in the manual and follow the steps there, it's pretty straight forward.

Back