Turn-Pro HLVH copy
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Turn-Pro HLVH copy

A friend of mine is downsizing his shop and I bought a couple of machines from him. One was a Turn-Pro 618EVS (says made in Taiwan and is inch/metric). Not much tooling with it but I have a rather cranky (spindle drive wise) Hardinge HLV-BK (British built narrow way model) that can share with it. The clone did not appear to have been used much, still has the plastic cling on the switch panels, and no marks on the ways. Runs nice and quiet and everything seems to work. Of course there are no manuals so I am trying to figure out who made it so I can print one out before an elusive online version dissolves into random bits. Anyone know who made the lathes that were labeled as Turn-Pros and have any opinions about them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In some research I did a few years ago it appears that all the Taiwanese copies of the HLV style machines were coming out of the Cyclematic Machinery factory in Taichung Taiwan and just re-branded for whoever wanted to sell it

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got to spend a little time over the weekend looking at the lathe more (have it in storage in the new shop that we are building). I found one date tag that was for 1-11-2000 and lots of old cosmoline. After looking at Tony's site and seeing mention of a Sharp with a non-hardened bed, I ran a file on the back corner and it is hard so I feel better about that. No VFD in the cabinet and the variable speed seems to be a nice copy of the HLVH drive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tp918.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought the EVS were electronic variable speed with Vfd's?

My clone is a wilton badged 618EM

this manual isn't the greatest but it may be similar to yours.

http://www.hhrobertsmachinery.com/Su...rts-manual.pdf

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
    A friend of mine is downsizing his shop and I bought a couple of machines from him. One was a Turn-Pro 618EVS (says made in Taiwan and is inch/metric). Not much tooling with it but I have a rather cranky (spindle drive wise) Hardinge HLV-BK (British built narrow way model) that can share with it. The clone did not appear to have been used much, still has the plastic cling on the switch panels, and no marks on the ways. Runs nice and quiet and everything seems to work. Of course there are no manuals so I am trying to figure out who made it so I can print one out before an elusive online version dissolves into random bits. Anyone know who made the lathes that were labeled as Turn-Pros and have any opinions about them?
    I think Turn Pro is an MSC brand. They should have all the propaganda for it.