What's new
What's new

Unusual Bridgeport 6F power feed pcb (Erskine)

rick201

Plastic
Hi to everyone,
I have a problem with my Erskine 6F power feed pcb fitted to my Bridgeport apparently its an early version that does not have much in the way of components on the pcb, but I have 2 burnt out resistors due to the micro switches going bad.
What I am hoping is that someone out there has the same looking Erskine version as me and perhaps they would not mind looking at there pcb to let me know the value of my burnt out resistors.

If any one recognises this photo perhaps they could pm me or reply on here.
The Bridgeport is made by Adcock and Shipley Uk and the Controller is Erskine ISSUE 3 PD/1022/02/F/A2
but its easier to look at the photo.

Thanks to all in advance.
Regards
Richard..Erskine controller.jpg

Hi,
Yes I guess what I meant was its an unusual Erskine type as I understand they are normally a version 4 I have a diagram for a ver 4 but this is a version 3 controller! always the way when you want to repair something.
Yes the option is there to fit an new pcb but as its only 1 resistor that has burnt out it seemed a shame to trash it and rewire but if there is no info then yes I will look at the Minarik drive or I think we can get hold of KB drives over here in England. Just the old Erskines have stood the test of time pretty well
Hopefully someone will say I have that same controller in mine.
Thanks to all
Regards
Richard..

Thats interesting to hear, I did hear that the microswitches cause trouble and cause the motors to try to run in both directions!.
Also somebody put the wrong oil in the gear case ( too thin) which it does not like and that caused the oil seal to leak through the motor so that had to be stripped down but all good now, just waiting for a controller I could fit a new pcb(maybe will have to) its just from an electronic point of view the erskine is simple and modern stuff being not repairable I hoped it could be saved? as I could always keep that working even if it blew up, once you know what the values are.
Best Regards
Richard.

IMO, any 6F or 8F is worth saving. But having said that, I've seen a lot of mills with the stock feed replaced by a Servo brand. If you couldn't get parts or service, it was replaced. Even now, if the motor quits on a BP feed, you're looking at about $700 USD to replace. Close to the same price as a new Servo feed and a lot more than an import feed.
JR

Hi to everyone,
I have a problem with my Erskine 6F power feed pcb fitted to my Bridgeport apparently its an early version that does not have much in the way of components on the pcb, but I have 2 burnt out resistors due to the micro switches going bad.
What I am hoping is that someone out there has the same looking Erskine version as me and perhaps they would not mind looking at there pcb to let me know the value of my burnt out resistors.

If any one recognises this photo perhaps they could pm me or reply on here.
The Bridgeport is made by Adcock and Shipley Uk and the Controller is Erskine ISSUE 3 PD/1022/02/F/A2
but its easier to look at the photo.

Thanks to all in advance.
Regards
Richard..View attachment 108411

Hi Richard I know it been awhile since this post , but coincidentally I have the exact same pcb board.with a few components that have gone up in smoke I replaced a few but a track is damaged, I was wondering if you had a picture of the track side (solder side of the pcb) and if so I would be much appreciated if you upload or PMed me,
Thanks Ike :-)

Erskine_6F V3

Hi Richard I know it been awhile since this post , but coincidentally I have the exact same pcb board.with a few components that have gone up in smoke I replaced a few but a track is damaged, I was wondering if you had a picture of the track side (solder side of the pcb) and if so I would be much appreciated if you upload or PMed me,
Thanks Ike :-)[/QUOTE
Update circuit board has been repaired go to bridgeport yahoo group for documentation. 👍

Back