What's new
What's new

Used Hardinge Cross Slide

wheels17

Stainless
I volunteer at a used tool store. They donate their revenue to a charity that assists seniors to allow them to stay in their homes. We get a variety of odds and ends in our donations. Pricing is difficult for some things as we don't know the real value of many items. This is particularly true of items that have very specific interest groups.

We recently received a Hardinge cross slide.
attachment.php

Here's a clearer picture of the information on the slide(figures I'd get it upside down):
attachment.php

It's a little beat up on the exterior, but has only about .010 backlash. It is pretty worn, though.
attachment.php

I'd really like to get this to someone that could use it, while still getting good value to the volunteer organization.

We normally price about 2/3 of ebay sold prices, but there's no information on something this unique. Any idea of what it may be worth?

I have additional pictures, but I figured I wouldn't make the note too large.

@Rklopp, selling on PM is why I sent my initial note, but I had no idea of the value. I'll construct a more complete note in the "for sale" forum.

I can tell from the last picture that this is part of a 1960 model slide rest that was sold as a retrofit for model TR and ESM 9" swing lathes. Hardinge called these slide rests "mail order" because they were only made for lathes that had been discontinued years before 1960 and sold as mail ordered repair parts. In addition to the TR, they can be used on any Cataract 9" swing bench lathe. It will not fit on a DV 59 or similar dovetail bed lathe, though some of the parts are the same.

Here are some pictures that show how it mounts to a bed.

Larry

Split bed 1960 slide rest 1.jpg Split bed 1960 slide rest 2.jpg Slide rest base 1.jpg Slide rest base 5.jpg Slide rest yoke.JPG

Back