What's new
What's new

V-Belts for Hardinge TM

leeko

Stainless
Hi all,

Can anyone provide the v-belt model numbers for a hardinge TM? I'd like to order some new ones, and I won't be able to get back and measure mine for a few days at least.

Or, has anyone switched over to link belts rather than traditional V-Belts? If so, was a single link belt from the countershaft to the spindle sufficient? I think I read somewhere that multiple belts weren't really needed for <2hp, and using a single belt is better than using multiple unmatched belts in terms of vibration.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Both of my mills run Gates Truflex 2760 belts. I've not looked it up, but I think those are 4L profile by 76". I've had no experience with segmented belts.

Pulling the spindle to change belts is fairly simple but there are a couple key points to know as you do it (spindle comes out as a "cartridge"). PM me if you need details.
Jim

I checked my mill, and it has 3x Gates 2760 belts to the spindle. The motor belt is a 4L450. I ordered some replacements and plan to change them all out. Jim, I'll send you a PM. thanks

Is there any trick to setting the belt tension? I'm hoping my belts were just really stretched out, but i can't seem to find a countershaft position that has good tension on the spindle belts while also allowing decent tension on the motor belt. That is, the motor bottoms out before the belt is tensioned correctly. If I move the countershaft up, the spindle belts loosen...

Thanks for any advice,

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back