What's new
What's new

What do you experts think of this Bridgport mill?

Yan Wo

Stainless
Please take a look at this ad.

Local seller wants $1800. Seems like too much to me.

I want a Bridgeport to refurbish, and this one could use it. :)

Thanks!

Wow, that’s dirty. No idea what your local market is like, but $1800 seems way excessive for a tear down and rebuild.

Can you at least see it in person? Runing? Otherwise, I’d pass.

L7

Yeah, Bridgeports grow on trees. You can buy one for $1000. That one would cost you that much just to clean up enough to see what you had...

A variable speed head with 42" table. If local means a hour or less drive then go look at it. The ad says "Not in the best shape".
You might have some honesty here. And you don't really know what their definition of "antique" is. It's far better to have a old
heap with dust on it than a heap that is under daily use and getting dirtier by the day.

(no expert, just a Bridgeport serf)

If you are wanting to rebuild it, which this one looks like it needs alot of TLC, are you also talking about doing way work? From the few pics of the ways, it looks like it is pretty worn. I agree with Larry, you can get better condition BPs for this price.

Jon

It ain't me, but I'd pass on it for sure...the "holy" table is the clincher in my book! You can repair most things but the funky table isn't going to come out looking too good. It's usually a benchmark for the condition of the rest of the machine.

Stuart

If you don't mind a refurb...low ball at $500. If you are looking for a working mill, then $1500 is about right, but not this mill. One of the issues you run into with Bridgeports is that 10 to 15 years ago you could not find them at any price, so many owners think the values are still high. Today, though, you can find decent Bridgeports at really good prices, because the current trend is CNC. CNC on a Bridgeport is an afterthought at best.

I'd assume the owner would take 1500/1200.
Dirty or light rust I could care less about.
Pictures or info on care about things are not shown but the one shown is okay.
I do not think it a bad deal as listed. Others here think it bad which is why you ask for opinions and I am no expert.
Bob

Have seen a BP table with fill welds on tslot area and outside edges on table. Slight color variation. Not too bad from a few feet away.

On that BP table it's not too bad from 50 feet away.

Have seen a BP table with fill welds on tslot area and outside edges on table. Slight color variation. Not too bad from a few feet away.

On that BP table it's not too bad from 50 feet away.

If he could get that BP for cheap, it might be worth a look. For me, it would depend on the condition of the table for starters. I don't like looking at mistakes made by previous users. If the table is OK, then I 'd examine the rest of the machine more closely.

Sometimes they can get pretty bad, though.

Attachments

• tram1.jpg
    tram1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 90
If you don't mind a refurb...low ball at $500. If you are looking for a working mill, then $1500 is about right, but not this mill. One of the issues you run into with Bridgeports is that 10 to 15 years ago you could not find them at any price, so many owners think the values are still high. Today, though, you can find decent Bridgeports at really good prices, because the current trend is CNC. CNC on a Bridgeport is an afterthought at best.

Wow you're generous! I was thinking scrap value or $250, whichever is less. That machine looks like it was in a fire and the building or what was left of it came down on it

Back