What's new
What's new

What are these holders?

Jarrod

Aluminum
This might be more of a general forum question, but I recently bought an old Hardinge second op and it came with a pile of these gizmos.
I was wondering if any of you are familiar with these and can direct me to somemore info? 20200627_110028.jpg
20200627_110018.jpg
20200627_110009.jpg

Thanks,

Jarrod

Last edited:
I've never seen any precisely like that, but overall they look like pieces of R&L turret-mounted end-working tools, also see the roller backrests at the top of the page here. The similar bits I've got have solid or tubular shanks, but not split in half.

So, probably part of a roller backrest, but incomplete, needing at least one more part.

Cool. Thanks Mud! I figured it was from some turret type device, but havent seen anything like it before.

The machine came with a pile of them, but no other holder components from what I can see... will have another look later.

Cheers!

I have a couple of them but have never used them, can't offer much more than an ID. The Swaysey tools I have are way too big to use on even a Hardinge turret lathe, they probably got misplaced with your 2nd op machine.

Back