What's new
What's new

X power feed problem

Wvlarry

Plastic
Hi all, my new to me Bridgeport series 1 table feed quit working. Is there any way to get D.C. Voltage to try and test the motor.

Yes you can get DC voltage by first removing the unit, CAREFULLY at your own risk plug it in, break out the DVM. Work from the line cord back, it is very simple and their are schematics on line. It has been years (5+) since I had reason to trouble shoot mine, so I can't give specifics. But most places that sell parts will schematics with voltages marked at several test points.
If you are not comfortable with electronics either send out for repair or buy new.

Doug, thanks. I have removed the circuit board from the control panel and put 120 volt on it. I have no D.C. Voltage output and have not been able to find any info online for the Seco board.

It would help to know what unit you are talking about. It sounds to me like it is going to be the 6F cause you said Seco.

If it is a 6F, you should have 100VDC on the field wires (white and green) and between 0 and 90VDC on the black and red. It is rare that the motor on the 6F ones died unless you watched it smoke. If you believe the motor is the issue, take it apart and clean the armature with scotch brite and re-assemble. As long as the wiring is good and it doesn't smell like death, I would assume it is good and that the problem is the circuit board or wiring.

Jon

Back