What's new
What's new

Template for for quick creation of a tool sheet

serzh1989

Plastic
Hello everyone!
I want to present a way to automate the creation of a setup sheet for cnc operators.

Last edited:
Check in your CAM system; you didn't mention what you're using. It probably can do at least a decent setup sheet and perhaps a lot more.

In NX, for my palletized parts I often output a simple sheet that is basically a tool list with a program name and one or two cad prints. For more complicated programs and setups I use NX Work Instructions which is a setup sheet on steroids that can be super elaborate if need be. It's associated with the part(s) so it will update along with the part, the setup, and operations. It can create a simple setup sheet or even a sheet per tool or per operation I need it to.

I would look into your cam system to see what it has. Customize it as much as you can so it outputs exactly what you need or at least to keep any manual input to a bare minimum. Don't forget to customize a copy of your files so can create multiple template versions and definitely to have your default files intact in case you need to start at square one if need be.

If you have a dealer/VAR, check with them to see if they have anything that can help you out.

You could also tell us what system you're using and you might luck out if someone could send you some customized templates.

Back