Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    In chess there are only so many moves possible to be made. Too many for a human to keep up with, but an AI can look at the board and where all the pieces are and then run through all the possibilities from there where it can win, select the one with the highest chance of winning, and then do that for every move. Plus chess is purely 2d.
    What you reference is the old brute force method of many decades ago which never worked. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Park that run though all possible as duh. Not workable.
    Not the way it is played now and certainly not AI.
    Now the rage is " deep learning", Basically nets with more horsepower.
    Strange how this neat and good (late 50's) , then discarded, another rise (80s) and then shelved, and now cool again.
    How do self driving cars work? lots of inputs and not enough time to play all scenarios.
    I do have a love and hate relationship with AI, machine intelligence and automated machining.
    I like to look here and there and break such... that is the rebel in me.

Ever built anything is this world or went into the hows? Expert system, blackboard, nets?
    If you do not understand how it works how can one judge if the works, That is super easy results. Proof in the pudding. All else goodbye.
    Money in the pocket will rule.
    Right now the pudding is not the best tasting but seems to be getting better.
    Bob