What's new
What's new

AMADA Laser Blanking and Parameter Explorer

AmadaArmada

Plastic
Hello all,

I have just started a new job recently dealing with Amada lasers. My experience was only lathes/mills for the past 7 years. With that out of the way, I want to mention that making the programs for cutting hasn't been too much of an issue. The program BLANK CAM is pretty easy once you mess about for a bit.

Does anyone have any experience/tips for using the Parameter Explorer for blanking to have micro/wire joints automatically populate? I am having issue getting them set up to where we want it. I am using previous settings in the computer and adjusting things, but I'm seeing no differences. The pieces at my company frequently have rectangles on our parts that I'd like a wire joint to automatically attach. No matter the settings I change, saving the settings, restarting BLANK CAM, nothing is changing when I click "Re-AutoAssign" inside of BLANK CAM. I know I can place joints manually, but I'm only wondering for "automation" sake due to the volume of programs being entered.

I've attached a few pictures of the settings I'm talking about. Even at X>0, Y>0 adding wire1-left does nothing.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Attachments

• joint condition 2.jpg
    joint condition 2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 29
  • joint condition 1.jpg
    joint condition 1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 26
  • RE-SQ laser hole.jpg
    RE-SQ laser hole.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 24
As an update:

I found a setting under ProcessAfter : 2-6.Setting that allowed a switch from Laser Standard to Individual under Pattern Element Setting. Doing that, my square started populating joints.

I have since learned that in the Joint Conditions, the joint type is a movable list where you can drag the order around and it will try to achieve a joint in the order you see. Having wire joint on the top vs. wire joint close to center will put the joint in the middle of each piece, where the other one will show a shift towards the corner. I had to type in a "Wire Joint Close to Corner" offset to get center joints where I wanted them also.

It seems like the "Rules" of when to make joints is like an order of operations and if a rule succeeds on a shape, no other rule will run on THAT shape. So I can't make four rules, one for each corner of a square, as it will only take in the first one. I was contemplating that when I have issues with joint meeting up towards the corners.

Back