What's new
What's new

Ancient Generic MPGEN5X_MILLPLUS Post

Nerv

Cast Iron
Hello everyone!

I was originally looking for a post in some old software but I figured out I had all I needed already on some really old disks I had laying around. I would delete this thread but do not know how.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

So after extensive searching I have found that as far back as v9 MasterCAM had a generic 5 axis post for Heidenhain Millplus controls:

MPGEN5X_MILLPLUS

I have a couple machines with this style of control and need a copy of this .pst and .psb files (basically all the post related files for whatever version of CAM it is for) so I can use that to build a proper post for our machines.

The VAR here only has much newer posts for newer software and we don't want to upgrade to new at this point. Does anyone run the old software and have this post somewhere?

Thanks!

If a post has an associated .psb file then that post is locked to a specific sim. Those files would be of no use to you. Your reseller can get you older posts if you want them. Obviously there would be a charge for that. They aren't going to give you a machine specific 5 axis post for free....well maybe if you were on maintenance they would.

I think it did, if anything the odds are better with v8. I found one for v9 but it is written for G7 use with v400 Millplus controls.

That will work for my one mill which has v400, but my other one uses around v330 which doesn't have G7. I believe the MPGEN5X_MILLPLUS was not G7, only because it still allows for changing the n_saxis values which the G7 post does not (since this is already taken into account with the Kinematic machine constants)

If you don't mind looking that would be very helpful, I need the three files with the same name (.pst .psb & .txt)

Back