What's new
What's new

Another G10 question

jvangelder

Aluminum
Im just starting to setup a job on our new horizontal an am going to run out of fixture offsets if i went the normal route of g54's and g54.1 px's so am going to use G10 for the first time to set fixture offsets on the fly.

The machine will have g08 or g05.1 enabled whenever im doing something other than drilling / tapping. Will this effect the G10? or does g10 not fall victim to lookahead the same way lookahead and macro b can have issues with macro's being executed ahead of time

Thanks

-Jacob

I have 1 fixture that has 4 different part locations on it. It was not my program so I am unable to redo the program in its entirety. There are 4 work coordinates (G54, G55, G56, and G57) in it that are in inconvenient locations. I was wondering if there is a way to use G10 to program this and still keep the same work coordinates. I was hoping to pick a convenient location to probe and then from there use g10 to select the work coordinates? Is this possibel?

Thanks

G10 presets your offset. L2 specifies work offset. (you can also preset tool offsets with G10 by using a different L)

ie:

G10 L2 P1 X Y Z A (P1=G54, P2=G55, etc,)

You can't probe a random spot and use G10 to adjust to where your work offset SHOULD be.

If your fixture is set up running good parts now, you could interpolate a 1/2" c'bore at some point on the fixture and make a note how far it is from the probed c'bore to the good work offset. This won't work if your a rotating A and calling it a different work offset unless your fixture is located to the pallet and can be put back on in the same place next time.

G10 is programmable data input.
You can write work offset value or tool offset values.

it allowed you to write data to those tables without the macro option ie;
#2703=-10.
IS
G10L2P3Z-10.
IS
G56Z-10. On the work offset page

But G10 itself was at one time an option

Back