What's new
What's new

Another Rhino CAM product

Dan B

Hot Rolled
There is another CAM product that runs in Rhino, besides Mecsoft's RhinoCam. It's called MadCam. Check it out:

http://www.gvf.se/madcam/start.html

It appears somewhat basic, but it may be good enough for some applications.

You can download a functional 30 day demo. The only limitation is that you can only produce 200 lines of code.

Dan

Dan,

look at the screen shot of the toolpath on that 3d part. That was a major reason I ditched Surfcam for VisualMill. I do not think on a simple geometry like that the tool should have to leave the surface fifteen times and restart somewhere else. VisualMill has that cut between two curves function where you constrain the shape of the toolpath to start along one curve and slowly morph to the shape of the other as it crosses the part. Very rarely does it do anything other than one entry and one exit on the surface it is cutting. It makes for quite a nice looking finish.

Ted

Hi Ted,

Yes, I noticed an excessive amount of retracts too. I tried this last night at home. It's probably okay for hobbiests but not enough features for professional use. I guess it is another option for those on a tight budget.

Dan

Back