What's new
What's new

Anyone else not able to log onto fusion 360

garychipmaker

Cast Iron
I haven't been able to log on since yesterday. I click on fusion 360 icon ans it gives the rotating circle thing then that stops a few seconds later then nothing happens.

This is exactly why we as a company chose to spend money on a "real" cad/cam that can be used if/when there is no internet and will always work.

I haven't been able to log on since yesterday. I click on fusion 360 icon ans it gives the rotating circle thing then that stops a few seconds later then nothing happens.

That doesn't sound like a login issue, more like a failure to launch / silent crash.

Look in the Event Viewer (Windows) or Console (OSX) to figure out why it didn't launch.

Maybe a failed update left it with some missing files, or a Windows update fucked it up.

Reinstall will probably cure it in either case.

This is exactly why we as a company chose to spend money on a "real" cad/cam that can be used if/when there is no internet and will always work.

I was able to use Fusion 360 all Saturday morning with no internet. It will work offline, but if for some reason you are signed out that could be a problem?

You don't need an internet connection for Fusion to work. It only needs to log in once every 2 weeks.

Fusion wouldnt work for us anyways, DFARS 800-171 prohibits us from using storage solutions we cant control for C.U.I. (Controlled Unclassified Information)

Im sure folks do it but its not worth losing any contracts over I know that much.

Correct! I believe you can change the amount of time if will run without logging in.....I seem to remember changing mine to something like a year.
That would be new. The time you can change to up to a year is how long to locally store a file, so you don't need the internet to open it.

I did receive an email today from an Autodesk representative, letting me know they are adopting a new 3 tiered scheme for their users. The free version will remain free for hobbyists, but in a dummied-down version. The next level up may be free if the user meets certain qualifications. The next version is for company or corporate users.

Bye Bye, Autodesk.

Dan

I did receive an email today from an Autodesk representative, letting me know they are adopting a new 3 tiered scheme for their users. The free version will remain free for hobbyists, but in a dummied-down version. The next level up may be free if the user meets certain qualifications. The next version is for company or corporate users.

Bye Bye, Autodesk.

Dan

Could you do a copy/paste of the email, redacted to protect the innocent (and not so innocent)? It's not my understanding that it's a "dummied down" version, but just more limited in the ability to collaborate with other Team Hubs. Of course, the free version has never had access to things like generative design, but that's nothing new.

This stuff really galls my endmills..
Lock in your price now and get Fusion 360 for only $310 USD, a savings of $185 USD per year, for as long as you renew! Act now, as this offer ends October 31, 2019.

*Please note this special offer is for existing hobbyist/startup subscribers only, valid in the countries/regions listed below. This offer cannot be used to extend or replace an existing commercial subscription contract.

Sure is a lot of whining that you don't get all the bells and whistles for free! If you're going to drop free Fusion over this what else is there for cad/cam that works as well, or even close, for free?

For my small shop, I am still happy as shit to pay for it for what I get. I don't know of any cad/cam software that even comes close, and there are lots of extra toys in the toybox to play with.

Sure is a lot of whining that you don't get all the bells and whistles for free! If you're going to drop free Fusion over this what else is there for cad/cam that works as well, or even close, for free?

For my small shop, I am still happy as shit to pay for it for what I get. I don't know of any cad/cam software that even comes close, and there are lots of extra toys in the toybox to play with.

I agree, I think I paid $250 for the whole year cause I bought it during their anniversary sale. That was the price for anyone.

Even at full price I think you get a lot for the money, I just happen to be cheap and they are like Hazard Freight (don't judge, I've bought a lot of stuff there to cut up and repurpose haha) in that there is always some kind of sale or discount.

Back