What's new
What's new

Wire EDM machining/programming software

classicvasan

Plastic
Hi Friends,

I am a new member of this great forum.

We are having Sodic & Makino wire EDM machines in our tool room.

Now 3D models are converted into 2D and programmed for machining in wire EDM. Is there any good software available to do the machine programming using direct 3D models? Please suggest.

G.Sreenivasan

I've tried other softwares for edm, and am totally convinced that you need software designed for edming! I use Ficus by Metalcam and like it a lot. Keith Davis is the US man. PM me for his phone number if you want to talk to him.

I'm not sure why you would need software to program from a solid model for wedm?

We regularly do round-bottom to square-top and vise / versa using 2d wireframe in our sodick machines... Is the geometry that intricate you need to program off a solid model?

IMO only consider software that allows selection of faces for creating 4-axis paths unless you have zero need to do any modeling. Face selection is very fast and error free. If you do have a need for comprehensive modeling capabilities then perhaps also consider software that can do it all; If not you could see diminished returns on your investment if you use multiple, separate software. It is not uncommon what companies save up front is lost in the future with separate software.

Back