What's new
What's new

Anyone interested in creating an instructional video?

NiCu2829

Plastic
I've attached a blueprint(the pdf version is to large to attach, I'll send the drawing privately if needed) and was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating an instructional video for Fusion 360. I recently purchased Fusion 360 and have watched some videos/read some literature, but feel it would be extremely beneficial to see how a part that I'm trying to draw is drawn by someone with experience. Any other resources/insight/advice will also be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DWG4.jpg
    DWG4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 342
Please define Your goals a bit more.

Do You want a part made,
or made efficiently,
or made fast,
or made efficiently and fast and linked to a dB for modern production.

What is Your budget ?

Please define Your goals a bit more.

Do You want a part made,
or made efficiently,
or made fast,
or made efficiently and fast and linked to a dB for modern production.

What is Your budget ?

I've already made the program and have one tool left to run, the key cutter for the 5 slots. It arrived today and I'll be testing it tomorrow. It's going to be a production run(high volume), so it needs to be efficient but my primary concern at this time is to produce a quality part with repeatability. I'm not looking for premature tool wear due to incorrect speeds/feeds for the sake of cycle time. I was really hoping to steepen my Fusion 360 learning curve. Is this something you've experience with, what's the going rate?

shouldn't need any training vid for modeling this.

sketch half of the cross section and revolve, will give you the whole body
then make a plane at the center of the notch, sketch half the cross section and revolve a solid body, then circular pattern that body 4 times and then Boolean subtract from the first body....

DONE

How I would build in any 3D solid CAD

The print that the OP posted sure looks like a flash hider for an AR15/M16/M4 rifle. If so the part is currently regulated under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. The OP has not listed their location and since providing defense technology or instruction without a permit to a foreign national is a violation of ITAR I would tread cautiously. I find it odd that someone would be asking for help in two separate threads for a military firearm part that has been around for 40+ years.

It's been qty (6) days.....If the OP would have simply read some of the tutorials
and understood them.

They could have tried numerous ways to arrive at the same model, each with
advantages & disadvantages.

I'm a firm believer in LEARNING, not WATCHING.

Discovering things on your own is LEARNING, and you will gain far more
knowledge doing it this way, instead of someone giving you all the answers.

shouldn't need any training vid for modeling this.

sketch half of the cross section and revolve, will give you the whole body
then make a plane at the center of the notch, sketch half the cross section and revolve a solid body, then circular pattern that body 4 times and then Boolean subtract from the first body....

DONE

How I would build in any 3D solid CAD

OP. You should listen to len_1962.

I'm just a hobbyist and all my CAD is self taught, but this sounded like an interesting approach. I ran with it and came up with this (I guessed at the dimensions or measured them from my AR-15):

Ou9jdBbYT2mBWp5rCrOdUSBvpXM60K3ogc_-JKE_xSNPiNC5aYEHd0GCw05VF20p4D_EtCiNd7tUl4zcH3_L_xW2L7LcfDqrewBZJ8LglEvOXogG9aMxtGaYD6n4hikuJtNLzHWL8nTiyoOEW3-M8z59gUtC6-WelH-E-NygfWffbIlbMcHZrgmxjeG5Uand09z2qtqomlbYtKGXezAvlXdheMtmutzvkhX4yvjYM81UIEskhLnjSEWESaD73b6wBEX0qgSiNWDrbgkjIMfHVM9w3kf55I5s10JmLspYxVZdcgna-4GmuVYLVmPsAtk0adgx9eOmmCJehwCevfl3paKJH2f7XAAo-GbemL0Mmhav2raLjHv823CQ6ybH48abkKNCDle1GQsy62Sp3uX2ji1MdfTREMuf5KrSEAAU6A7IR6Uq8g4vYyxlBYilslBG-ldiDkC9kVoHFNGJzh3LW7CN0I_5B6aIvTBrgptztEfXflZ-08tmUfM8gWWq419W_cekj_pEwhFsBk_uMgXWm891yEdnY_Xih_AS-Zqe2P3Cd-orRaKCwPsT7c_L8Fa09mlGTDgfW2dKZ2A4dwfKbAgG3-w9kk98y1flH6iR1y61nHC74aX1dw_kNwHaMD39Qbs9uOW6ftfo9wtSQCWiBiz3LA=w1024

Back