Anyone using BOBCAD for WIRE-EDM? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Started using V27 on older 100d and 250hss machines. Had some post issues at first and Bobcad scripted it as well as some other changes required. Now I get full 2 axis and 4 axis cuts. Simulation is so GREAT to have in 3D. There is still some things they can improve but after learning the few quirks and getting the post up to par it is doing great. 4 axis cuts are very nice and I am doing some pretty difficult stuff right now. Upper and lower contours that are very different and with the scripts I can now add one or more stops on the contour even on 4 axis cuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    In the case of BobWire, V19 ( and earlier ) is an almost clone of Germany's Vector and V23/24 is an almost clone of CAMWorks.
    < poke, poke... >
    Just a little info. There was someone who actually stole and used Bobcad's code some years back in a foreign country (at least that was my understanding of what transpired from a former employee). However the newest software has all been re-written by some genius living in the basement working for pizzas. All kidding aside the V27 right now is so great even for wire that is way above what it once was. And to have 3D simulation is a be plus as well. I could not believe how easy it was to connect upper and lower contours in 4 axis wire cuts. Cut my time by days in some jobs compared to my old stuff.

3. Likes Zahnrad Kopf liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Using it for a bunch of 4ax stuff right now.