What's new
What's new

Arcs import a splines from DXF

Aemmitau

Plastic
Hello,
I am new to this site, and I have a question:
When I import a DXF (which was created in Solid Works with true arcs)into Gibbs Cam, the arcs come in as splines. It does not happen always, and everywhere, but on most radiuses most of the time.
Does somebody has any ideas why? It did not used to happen, it started in the last few months, more or less frequent.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you :)

Hello,
I am new to this site, and I have a question:
When I import a DXF (which was created in Solid Works with true arcs)into Gibbs Cam, the arcs come in as splines. It does not happen always, and everywhere, but on most radiuses most of the time.
Does somebody has any ideas why? It did not used to happen, it started in the last few months, more or less frequent.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you :)

Have you updated SW or Gibbs?

Are you creating the DXF from SW Part or Drawing?

Do the Parts have 3D faces or angle cuts, that might cause the splines as the solid faces dictate the DXF projection not the sketches that created the part.

Yes, Gibbs Cam is updated and the latest version. SW is not updated yet :(
The DXF is created from a SW part in SW, saved as DXF, and imported as DXF into Gibbs Cam.
The Parts are usually simple Lathe Parts with C-Radiuses, and these C-Radiuses come in as a Spline.

Yes, Gibbs Cam is updated and the latest version. SW is not updated yet :(
The DXF is created from a SW part in SW, saved as DXF, and imported as DXF into Gibbs Cam.
The Parts are usually simple Lathe Parts with C-Radiuses, and these C-Radiuses come in as a Spline.

Are the parts revolved with all the C-Radi in the sketch?

if so just make a copy of the sketch, hide the solid body and then save as DXF, then you should not get any splines.

cheaters way

Back