What's new
What's new

Autodesk no longer supporting or releasing HSMXpress

carbonbl

Cast Iron
FYI, from my email inbox this morning. As of April 6, 2021, Autodesk will no longer be supporting or allowing downloads of HSMXpress. Not great, it was a good product that I used for a decent amount of time. They are still supplying licenses of HSMWorks with Fusion360.

hsmexpress.jpg

FYI, from my email inbox this morning. As of April 6, 2021, Autodesk will no longer be supporting or allowing downloads of HSMXpress. Not great, it was a good product that I used for a decent amount of time. They are still supplying licenses of HSMWorks with Fusion360.

View attachment 318003

This is exactly why you should never purchase 3rd party add on software. Anything Solidworks I avoid like the plague. When Autodesk bought Delcam they did the exact, same thing. In addition to that, whenever there is a software glitch it becomes a finger pointing problem as to which product is to blame. I went around in circles with Mastercam and SW about MC4SW. Each company blamed the other for weeks until we pulled the plug on both.

Wasn't HSMXpress the free 2D version? With an original marketing goal of getting people to either upgrade to the paid HSMWorks or now to Fusion360 (which now includes HSMWorks) -

Goal was probably achieved, and no need to keep developing a free version. I'm totally not surprised at this, and honestly, they kept it around longer than I would have thought they would.

Wasn't HSMXpress the free 2D version? I'm totally not surprised at this, and honestly, they kept it around longer than I would have thought they would.

Free yes, and I agree, surprised they kept it going this long. Specially since it came with a rebranded Cimco Edit...for FREE! That right there must have cost them a small fortune.

Wasn't HSMXpress the free 2D version? With an original marketing goal of getting people to either upgrade to the paid HSMWorks or now to Fusion360 (which now includes HSMWorks) -
So is the CAM in Fusion the same as HSM Works? I knew they use the same posts, is the rest the same? The CAM seems way more developed than the CAD

So is the CAM in Fusion the same as HSM Works? I knew they use the same posts, is the rest the same? The CAM seems way more developed than the CAD

Pretty much identical. I used to switch between them without any hiccups.

I would say it was the same, and the core probably still is, but that new development goes into Fusion first, before making its way to HSMWorks (if it makes it at all)

Yes - I think a lot of people would agree that the CAM is more developed than the CAD.

Meh, who cares? HSM Works was shitty anyway, and Fusion 360 is rudimentary diarhheal dog shit. Their CAD is incredibly sorry and their CAM is half assed. Perfect for a hobbyist or low level job shop.

This is exactly why you should never purchase 3rd party add on software. Anything Solidworks I avoid like the plague. When

Huh? One of, if not the best CAD program ever made, and you avoid it? I concur that add-on software is always a semi train wreck, but throwing the baby out with the bath water is a little over the top.

Back