What's new
What's new

Best cadd software

This topic comes up frequently. Do a search and you will find endless discussions, and they all evolve to the same thing. Everyone throws what they use out there as the best. But best at what? If you're designing assemblies, then something like Solidworks is pretty popular. If you're designing parts with more of a free-flowing "organic" nature, then Rhino is hard to beat. And if you are a hobbiest or a start-up with limited funds, then Autodesk Fusion is going to get suggested a lot. If you are stuck in the 2D world, there are a few free products that will work well for you.

Good luck on your search,

Dan

Whats the best Computer Aided Drafting Software. I tries EasyCadd and it worked good but I was wondering what the best is.:D

Such a broad question and very little information...

The best software for you can do everything you need it to do but not able to do way more than you need.

Easycadd is by far, hands down, the absolute best cad package there is. Stick with it, there's no need to look anywhere else. Nothing even comes close. They are all just clones of Easycadd anyway.

Easycadd is by far, hands down, the absolute best cad package there is. Stick with it, there's no need to look anywhere else. Nothing even comes close. They are all just clones of Easycadd anyway.

Never heard of it, google seems cornfused as well (keeps diverting to autocad)

Got a linky ?

Never heard of it, google seems cornfused as well (keeps diverting to autocad)

Got a linky ?

I've never heard of it either. Tried Google and Yahoo and it brought back Alibre. So I have to ask, if everything else is a clone then why can’t anyone find it?

And your "ultimate Cad program" is ?

Don't get me wrong, SW is great if you need everything under one roof including 3D capability.

For 95 percent of what I do it's more of a miata than a winnebago. OK maybe a dual-sport motorcycle.
It's a pure drafting program that grew out of IBM CADAM, which was a mainframe-based program developed
as a joint venture between IBM and Dassault.

Dassault as in SW Dassault, right?

When mainframe cadam went away they briefly sold a windows based clone that had 99 percent of the capability.

So yep, legacy software that has had zero support for decades but still runs fine and costs zero dollars. MicroCADAM.

and yep I have access at work to SW and AC. But 90 percent of my design work is on a 2D drafting program. The
output is either an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and/or a .dxf file.

Yep - only thing simpler would be a T square and a drafting board.

Don't get me wrong, SW is great if you need everything under one roof including 3D capability.

For 95 percent of what I do it's more of a miata than a winnebago. OK maybe a dual-sport motorcycle.
It's a pure drafting program that grew out of IBM CADAM, which was a mainframe-based program developed
as a joint venture between IBM and Dassault.

Dassault as in SW Dassault, right?

When mainframe cadam went away they briefly sold a windows based clone that had 99 percent of the capability.

So yep, legacy software that has had zero support for decades but still runs fine and costs zero dollars. MicroCADAM.

and yep I have access at work to SW and AC. But 90 percent of my design work is on a 2D drafting program. The
output is either an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and/or a .dxf file.

Yep - only thing simpler would be a T square and a drafting board.

So then you like driving a 20 year old Winnebago ?....:skep:

So then you like driving a 20 year old Winnebago ?....:skep:

No, that's more like a 40 year old Winnebago.

Yeah, most CAD users today need to produce 3D models and assemblies. If you send only 2D prints to a job shop you will be paying them to do part of your job and model your part in 3D before they program it.

Back