What's new
What's new

Betcha can´t program this...

Zudo

Plastic
Hi,

Can someone teach me how to program this kind of feed screw for a fanuc lathe with only c-axis?
I'm a Fusion360 user but it can't handle this kind of machining, I've tried Mastercam and I managed to get the path I was looking for but it´s outputing y-axis wich I don't have!

Sem Título.jpg

Thanks

Can you post G12.1/G112 Polar Interpolation code to this machine?

No, first of all I get a warning that the toolpath uses y-axis wich its not defined ( I turned it down in the post ) then it outputs an incomplete g code without the interpolation completely useless

Easiest would be using C-axis substitution + radial live rotary tool with ball endmills. You could program it using wireframe geometry - no solids needed.

OR

Turn it using controlled threading (G32) with, for example, ISCAR round inserts. I made a particular macro for this purpose in my former workplace - no CAM needed.

Contour, Parameters, Axis Control, Rotary Axis Control, select "Axis Substitution" then radio "Substitute Y axis".

Oh and make sure your post/machine def has 4th axis enabled...

Turn it using controlled threading (G32) with, for example, ISCAR round inserts. I made a particular macro for this purpose in my former workplace - no CAM needed.

That is a piece of cake.You don't need a CAM system. Just get a threading tool made and cut it like a thread. If you want to use a C axis use a ball end mill and advance it 1 pitch per rev. multiple passes if you need.

Back