What's new
What's new

BOBCAD V22 and V23 Full Versions for SALE!

corpuscnc

Plastic
:D
We purchased the full Bobcad Cam V22 Lathe, Mill, Art and then received the V23 upgrades.
I have both versions, books, DVDS, Dongles, and everything you would need to start generating some tool path.

$1500.00 for both versions. This package cost us well over $3500.00 when we bought it.

Bobcad for SALE

I wasnt a huge fan of their software either but in all honesty, it DID get the job done for quite a while and I eventually got pretty familiar with their tech support people. All in all, for the price, you really couldnt beat it.

We switched to Mastercam and Solidworks and I love it. I've only chipped the tip of the iceberg but so far so good.

As far as the Bobcad programs - I'm open to any reasonable offer for the two sets.

I wasnt a huge fan of their software either but in all honesty, it DID get the job done for quite a while and I eventually got pretty familiar with their tech support people. All in all, for the price, you really couldnt beat it.

We switched to Mastercam and Solidworks and I love it. I've only chipped the tip of the iceberg but so far so good.

As far as the Bobcad programs - I'm open to any reasonable offer for the two sets.

I'll give you $200.00 for all of it.

If I was buying Bobcad I would pay $75 just for them not to know who I was. I downloaded a demo one time years ago and they must have called me for 4 years until I changed number.

Same here, i downloaded the demo to take a look at it about 3-4 years ago...and they call me about every 2-3 months since.

They offered V22 to me for $1000 on one call, i finally said, what the hell if you give it to me for $300 i'll try it out. And they did, i got it...used it, and hated it.....Haven't used it since.

But they still keep calling and i keep telling them that their software is garbage......and they tell me that this new version fixes all of the old problems....i said, "that's what you said last time" :nutter:

I also downloaded the demo just to look at it.

They of course called me....... I said I was just curious.

They offered me the mill for $1000, I said no. Then it was $500, I said no.

They offered mill and turn for $500, I said no.

Then it was mill, turn, and training videos for $500. I said I might have a use for the art.

Of course they threw that in for the $500. I said that I might want some of the features in mill pro, they said that would be $500 more. I said no.

Then it was $500 for V23 mill pro, turning, art, and training videos. I said no.

Then it was $300 for everything. I thought the art would come in handy for some logo work. I said sure, why not.

I am pleased to offer for sale a brand new V23 with everything for only $1,000. Any takers?

I also downloaded the demo just to look at it.

They of course called me....... I said I was just curious.

They offered me the mill for $1000, I said no. Then it was $500, I said no.

They offered mill and turn for $500, I said no.

Then it was mill, turn, and training videos for $500. I said I might have a use for the art.

Of course they threw that in for the $500. I said that I might want some of the features in mill pro, they said that would be $500 more. I said no.

Then it was $500 for V23 mill pro, turning, art, and training videos. I said no.

Then it was $300 for everything. I thought the art would come in handy for some logo work. I said sure, why not.

I am pleased to offer for sale a brand new V23 with everything for only $1,000. Any takers?

I'll give you $150.00 for everything.

BobCad

Gosh, I get the feeling that lots of folks don't like the cheapo BobCad.
I started writing programs back in the last century by hand and calculater.
Then the big company I worked for got Mastercam. $7000.
It was Great! No more spherical geometry to do.
Used that for a while. Worked very well.
Saw ads for BobCad for realy cheap price, then Virtual Gibbs came out.
Both were gutter things in my mind.
As years went past I saw solids modeling, Pro E (at $35k) and Autocad for a lot of money but could not make points in a 3 dimentional arena.

I have my own small shop now and cannot afford $100k for fancy tools.
If your company can buy and train you on expensive software, Great!
I was once there and did a lot of state of the art things. Was fun.

The BobCad v23 does what I want.
Has solids modeling (used to cost $35k).
The Raster to Vector thing is pretty neat for artisans.
Draw it , scan it, and make a toolpath.
Works for me.

So what does latest version of the good programs cost?

Autocad
Pro-E
Mastercam
Solid Works

There were a bunch of others I did not recognise.

Would be nice to see a cost breakdown of all NC offerings.

Randy

Bobcad is a little like the Japaness cars when they first came out every one laught at them...
Yes they have come a long way with V23 and Yes they are still the worst company as far as sales force goes....

But for the price you can't beat it....

Got that right Boston.
I remember "Made in Japan" (Occupied or not) was a big joke.
Then Taiwan and Korea.
Mainland China had a deal for engineers who would live there and teach for a year. $200k with food and housing provided. Where are most toys, electronics, and other things in stores coming from now?
FANUC machine language stands for Fujitsu America Numeric Control.
I know Bridgeport knee mills used to be made in Connecticut but they are now made in China. The forgeings anyway.
I like to help American companies. (sorry for the rant)

I have an answering machine that filters out the sales folks.
Tech support seems pretty good, they have "Webinars" every Friday.
Takes me a day to get a call back as I am in Oregon and they in Florida
but always get good answers.

Still haven't seen what these other programs cost.
Maybe the folks using them don't know or care as long as they have "The Best". Company is picking up the tab.

I'm thinking the BobCad is kind of like the low end CNC's.

They work, you get support, you will get the job done.

However, it may take a little extra effort and a few more cuts to get there.

If you are happy with that and it works for you then that is all that matters.

Me, I wanted something intuitive that I could make good parts with and did not have to deal with glitches and bugs. Quick good parts, I do lots of programming and needed immediate support when I needed help.

I went with Gibbs. All out 2-1/2 axis and lathe with several Post Processors was about 7500.00, plus a grand a year for maintainence...mostly needed to get to the head of the line when I call for help.

At times I wish I went with MasterCam or one of the others, mostly for the CAD end and some other projects that have extra layers or something a little more specialized. But I have to say 95% of my jobs I can be making chips in short time. Parts come out excellent, not hard on the machine (AKA few glitches) and the few times I needed support, it was there.

I have a version of Bobcad that I bought 10 years ago when I opened up my own shop. I couldn't get enough work to stay self employed full time but I kept the shop. I still use it for 2 1/2-axis work. Luckily I don't have to use it to create geometry. I'd usually write the same tool path for roughing and finishing. Copy and paste it. I would leave stock when roughing with D comp at the machine. A bit primitive but it works. The plan was to get better software when the $ was flowing. Something that never happened.

Needshave

Me, I wanted something intuitive that I could make good parts with and did not have to deal with glitches and bugs. Quick good parts, I do lots of programming and needed immediate support when I needed help.

I went with Gibbs. All out 2-1/2 axis and lathe with several Post Processors was about 7500.00, plus a grand a year for maintainence...

I have a version of Bobcad that I bought 10 years ago when I opened up my own shop. I couldn't get enough work to stay self employed full time but I kept the shop. I still use it for 2 1/2-axis work. Luckily I don't have to use it to create geometry.Needshave

let see $8500 for Gibbs the first year and $1K/year for the rest of your life or $300 for Bobcad V21 that work and that all it cost you....

SIM you must have to do a whole lot of programing to justify the differnce...There is nothing that Gibbs 2 1/2 axis can do that Bobcad V21 can't do...ya you may have a few more click of the mouse or need to do a simple edit...But for the lathe side V21 is just not worth the time...

Needshave you where right in your decision as a start-up...

So what does latest version of the good programs cost?

Autocad
Pro-E
Mastercam
Solid Works

There were a bunch of others I did not recognise.

Would be nice to see a cost breakdown of all NC offerings.

Randy

Unfortunately to get these numbers you need to contact a sales representative. The numbers must vary depending on how many seats are being purchased. I guess it comes down to what kind of work needs to be done and how much cash is available. Most of us would prefer a high-end sports car. But a more practical minivan will still get us to our destination. Those of you that can spend $10K on computer software congratulations on your success. Hope I get there myself.

Needshave

Needshave -
I hope to get there too.
I was just asking if folks on here would mention what it cost for 1 seat.
Perhaps that is "classified" information.

I know that one company I worked for had to buy a very expensive program in able to do the customers very expensive parts.

Maybe to do the job it takes a small amount of $.
But to get the job it takes a lot more.

Randy

Back