BOBCAD V22 and V23 Full Versions for SALE! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I bought a seat of BobCad 23 about 6 months ago. Then I found out what BobCad is all about. If you want tech support, that costs $600.00 per year. If you want training, that costs $600.00 per year. If you want to go to the training seminar, that costs $750.00. If you want printed material, you have to pay for it.

I think they spend more on phone calls than they do on product development.

I'll be happy to sell my V23 for $500.00 and be happy to be rid of it. Then I'll stick with my GibbsCam thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Started on bobcad for creating tool paths, and forced our small company to give it up. We use Pro/E for modeling, and I honestly love Pro/NC now that we have it.

I'll quit before I use bobcad again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Angry BobCad

HAHA !!!! Well, I still have this seat of BobCad for sale.. It is TOTAL crap and their customer service sux like nobody's business. I would think those guys read these posts too but could give a shit less.
    I could write a book on ALL of the problems that I had with that pile of shit software but the kicker for me was the fact that even though we paid big bucks for "front of the line" tech support, I usually had to wait several days to get a call back from another "new guy" that didnt know how to use it either.

I always said that If I ever got face to face with that lying ass sales-guy,,, he wouldnt be laughing anymore.

Again, it's still for sale.. first 100 bux takes it.

4. Likes mtlhe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hell, I'll give ya a hundred bux for it, just to take a look at it.
    Let me know if you want to do it.
    Dave

I know a guy that bought it for 300, the full blown package, really! He did! They sure were quick to drop their prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by corpuscnc View Post

We purchased the full Bobcad Cam V22 Lathe, Mill, Art and then received the V23 upgrades.
    $1500.00 for both versions. This package cost us well over $3500.00 when we bought it.
    I wasnt a huge fan of their software either but in all honesty, it DID get the job done for quite a while and I eventually got pretty familiar with their tech support people. All in all, for the price, you really couldnt beat it.
    HAHA !!!! Well, I still have this seat of BobCad for sale.. It is TOTAL crap and their customer service sux like nobody's business. I would think those guys read these posts too but could give a shit less.
    I could write a book on ALL of the problems that I had with that pile of shit software
    Again, it's still for sale.. .
    I'd say that after reading your post...you can't seem to make up your mind if you like the software or not....
    Did you ever pay for software yourself or did the company pay for it...sure I would love a seat of Mastercam X3...But I don't think that I can buy it for $300....After all you guys where the fools that paid $1500 for it...not me

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I bought a used CNC knee mill going on two years ago. Bobcad called me out of the blue. They must have found me in the phone book or Yellow pages under automotive machine shops and took a shot. The less interested I was the lower the price got. The price got low enough so I bought it. I had zero CAD/CAM experience before buying Bobcad. It works fine for me. Sales people are a pain but you can hang up on them and you won't hurt their feelings...

CNC work is not my job, so what ever cost me less money is fine by me.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I worked in a shop that purchased BobCAD a few years before I got there in the late '90's. I was told the guy that sold it to them came in wearing overalls! They were cheap pikers and it was the only thing they could find that would interface with the punched paper tape on their wire EDM. We tried to upgrade it to direct download and never could get it to work. After I left, nobody else could operate it and they sold the wire machine when downsizing. We were also using it with direct download on 25 year old Bridgeports with Analaim controllers. Never could make it cut a curve -- we had to break down curves into lots of little straight line moves and then, if you got too many lines in the code, the mill would reject it. It was alright since the mills were mostly doing artwork, but it was a joke when making carbon electrodes to have to sand out all the little lines.

Thought I'd died and gone to heaven when the next shop I went to had AutoCAD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm a engine builder and I recently bought some used equipment form a shop that closed it's door's. One of the machines is a Hurco KMB-I andIt came with v22 lathe,mill,art with v23 upgrade. I would like to produce brackets and misc parts any tips would be helpful and I have no cnc experiance.
    Last edited by goodguyglenn; 12-23-2009 at 05:12 AM. Reason: grammer

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Every BobCad product I owned to version 20 did everything it was sold to do.
    It's common knowledge by now their salesmen are a pain in the ass,
    and it is easy for new-commers to be ripped off.

But to dog this man's thread with with a freight-train of Ass-hole
    comments is rude and unprofessional.
    Are you guys that bad in person too, or just when hiding behind
    the annonimity of the inter-webs.

m1m

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bobcad For Sale

I wasnt a huge fan of their software either but in all honesty, it DID get the job done for quite a while and I eventually got pretty familiar with their tech support people. All in all, for the price, you really couldnt beat it.

We switched to Mastercam and Solidworks and I love it. I've only chipped the tip of the iceberg but so far so good.

As far as the Bobcad programs - I'm open to any reasonable offer for the two sets.
    I noticed this thread from 2009 and thought I'd take a chance you were still active on this forum. I just joined.

I am looking for someone who has BobCad V23 that wants to sell me their registration. Bobcad does not sell seats for older versions anymore. They make you buy the brand new versions an "sock it to you" with the cost to buy it , training, support and all the other stuff I don't need.

Last year I bought a version 23 (actually two V23's and a V22 along with Video training) from someone on the west coast who up graded. Went to Bobcad to purchase a seat and was told they don't do that anymore. I can only transfer a license from someone and they have to take it off their computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I started out with bobcad being my 1st CAD and it wasn't hard to learn. We used it all over the shop it performed pretty good and did what it should. Now i have Inventor and MasterCam only reason I have both is because our company was bought out by a big Corporation.

Now I'm working with a business partner on a little venture and I downloaded the Hobbyist Fusion but hate it. So, I'm thinking about BobCad just because I can pull the no a bunch and maybe get it Cheap lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bill505494 View Post
    I noticed this thread from 2009 and thought I'd take a chance you were still active on this forum. I just joined.

I am looking for someone who has BobCad V23 that wants to sell me their registration. Bobcad does not sell seats for older versions anymore. They make you buy the brand new versions an "sock it to you" with the cost to buy it , training, support and all the other stuff I don't need.

Last year I bought a version 23 (actually two V23's and a V22 along with Video training) from someone on the west coast who up graded. Went to Bobcad to purchase a seat and was told they don't do that anymore. I can only transfer a license from someone and they have to take it off their computer. Any help would be appreciated.
    Since the OP last posted 10 years ago, the odds are slim

I would not blame Bobcad for you not doing your research

Hope you paid via paypal....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default BobCAD CAM

As you guys may or may not know I work for BobCAD. If you have an issue with the sales team contacting you, let me know and I'll remove your number from the database.

With the said the current version BobCAD is V31. To learn more about what's been added to the V31 you can use this link.

What's New in BobCAD-CAM Version 31 | BobCAD-CAM

BobCAD does offer a public price list which can be found here using this link:

BobCAD-CAM

BobCAD’s Price points are very fair and competitive in the marketplace. Most mid range systems still sell between 5K - 15K+

Yes we offer special prices to add BobCAD to your shop or upgrade older versions.

Sales are direct with the corporate office in Clearwater Florida. The VAR network is mainly used for international sales. To locate a local dealer use this link

Locate an Authorized BobCAD-CAM Reseller | BobCAD-CAM

The software license is perpetual and doesn’t expire. No cloud credit needed, no internet required and the software license will not turn off if you don’t renew.

There are 2 purchasing models.

1- Yearly upgrade
    2- Advantage plan

Yearly upgrades allow users to purchase an upgrade of the software at a discounted price. Customers have the choice to upgrade to a new version when they choose. There is no penalty for not staying current year of year. Customers are not required to pay for skipped versions.

The Advantage plan is for shops that want to stay current year of year. This is similar to a typical maintenance program. Customers who purchase on advantage are provided an up front cost for next years version and support services.

If the customer chooses to not renew their account reverts to an upgrade model.

In the past 2 or 3 versions there was a change to the ULA where you're no longer able "sell" your license to another company. With older versions (like V23) you can pay a license transfer fee in order to transfer the license to another company name.

In years past ( 10+ years) the feature gap between BobCAD and other mid range systems was much larger. Classic versions of BobCAD were more of an NC assist. Think of cimco edit with a CAD package, where you can convert geometry into g-code. Very simple yet very powerful.

In 2007 there was a major shift in the product line. This is when Version 2007 / V22 was released. This was the first version to use a CAM Tree. Major learning curve for our user base and BobCAD as a vendor developing more powerful software.

Over the next few versions BobCAD really stepped up it’s game. By V25 the software supported 2 - 5 axis Milling shortly after 2- 5 axis Mill Turn was added.

The largest shift in the toolpath performance was based on the partnership with ModuelWorks.

Our most valuable asset | ModuleWorks

As some of you may or may not know this is a very popular toolpath component supplier to the CAM industry. Many of the major brands in the industry uses them.

Many shops bash on BobCAD as a product due to the sales team, early versions or it’s lower level design features. At this point in the game the software is a mature mid range product with powerful feature sets.

Things to Consider -

1- BobCAD- CAM is not a parametric design package.
    2- BobCAD- CAM is not best used for large assembly files
    3- BobCAD’s design kurl is SMLib
    4- BobCAD’s post processor uses an API for advanced posting features, common post edits for typical formatting can be accomplished without knowing VB or marco programming
    5- BobCAD-CAM is a modular license allowing users to add on components that they need or want when they need or what.
    6- BobCAD-CAM offers BobCAM an add in for Solidworks for those shops that need parametric design and programming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bobcad was absolutely and unequivocally the worse and most frustrating cad/cad software I ever had the displeasure of using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for sharing- Doesn't really say much as far as what version, and what your application was, etc... BobCAD is a CAD CAM and all of them can be "the unequivocally worse most frustrating " if you don't know how to use it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been running my shop for nearly 20 years on BobCAD V21. So far mill programming only. It does the job, and of course by now I'm pretty good with it. These days I'm even creating my own HSM tool paths and have had good luck with that. The worst things are you can't print a 3d rendering, and the simulation is so bad it mine as well be non-existent, though a lot can be discerned from the lines of a back-plot. V23 simulation is as bad or worse. I bought V23 when it came out. Whole new UI. I tried and tried... and tried, but I just couldn't get past hating it. A customer of mine also bought it and also thinks it's the worst, and he only uses the CAD. The only thing I use it for now is opening and re-saving files that V21 won't open. I use to use V23 w/BobART for some large logo engravings, but I'd have to back plot them in V21 and remove all the air cutting. Not only does it leave islands if your step-over is at or greater then 50%, it would consistently cut air nearly 40% of the time. Meaning it wasn't hip enough to always keep track of what had already been cut.

I got some deals and have less then $1000 invested in both versions. Sure there is software out there that will program circles around me and my V21, but I've seen hundreds of tool paths on Youtube created by Fusion and others that I can only laugh at. Note that I don't have much 3d rounded super contoured parts where a more powerful software would show it's stuff. All my programming is off 2d files, with the actual machine G-code program being created concurrently in the panel open on the right. BobCAD gives me all the coordinates and arc moves with a few clicks, as I fill in the rest. Sort of manual programming with a bunch of help.

I've just got a multi axis live tool lathe installed (Mori SL-200 SMC)and am wondering how well V21 will hold up. And yes BobCAD sales won't leave me alone, even after telling them more then once I'm still on XP, so I can't load there new stuff anyway.

So all you BobCAD haters... lighten up a little. I'm secretly a hater too, but V21 has been paying the bills for a long-long time.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Will Bobcad V32 support holograms?