UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Bobcad v6 thread milling

Hello All my name is Sam.
    I just recently learned that my license of Bobcam v6 has a thread milling component. I have been messing around with it and I want to be able to program threads that are not in its thread library . for example 1"-20 unef . can some one link me a resource where I might be able to fined the correct values for the boxes circled in red ? thank you all who reply

thread-question.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by deepsix11 View Post
    Hello All my name is Sam.
    I just recently learned that my license of Bobcam v6 has a thread milling component. I have been messing around with it and I want to be able to program threads that are not in its thread library . for example 1"-20 unef . can some one link me a resource where I might be able to fined the correct values for the boxes circled in red ? thank you all who reply

thread-question.jpg
    Math.

1/20=.05

Your machinery handbook (and various online resources) will have the major and minor values for your thread (unless they are really oddballs).

Pa

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes you can edit the settings in the toolpath wizard or you can update the thread library so your 1" 20 settings can be used in the future.

This blog post will answer other questions that you may have able thread milling with BobCAD.

11 Important Questions About Thread Milling | BobCAD-CAM

These questions are based on a thread milling webinar for the V29. You'll find V6's interface to be slightly different but all the same options are available for either BobCAD CAM or BobCAM for Solidworks.

If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.