What's new
What's new

Bobcam V6 - Geometry auto update causing havoc on tool pathing

MacsPerformance

Plastic
Bobcam V6

Does anyone else have issues with the geometry auto update ruining all your tool paths, usually by changing the depth to whatever bob-cam defaulted to when you created the feature to start with?

My current work around is to use sketches drawn on a plane that is at the max depth of the feature so it defaults to that depth automatically, however if you aren't starting from Z zero then this still gets messed up. I bounce between the model and the cam side a lot so I get prompted all the time and if I ever hit yes I am losing a ton of time trying to fix everything and make sure I didn't miss anything it changed. I am curious to know if anyone else something better?

I have been using Bob-cam V6 for about a couple months now, and I keep dealing with this same issue and factory seems to either think its not important or doesn't know how to solve it. I talked to tech support yesterday and they said that this issue still persists in V8. At this point if the prompt just didn't exist it would probably be better.

-Andrew

I have to ask,
what version on SW are you on?
Are you on subscription?

how come your not using SWCAM? Cause if you are on latest SW you have it if on subscription.

I have a current SW2020 license of standard on subscription. The cam that comes with solidworks is 2.5 axis I believe unless I pay to upgrade. When I bought bobcam V6 I didn't own a licensed version of solidworks and I had previously used bobcam stand alone. At this point I would be open to changing but I am working with what I have.

Back