What's new
What's new

Brother speedio fusion/hsm Post editing to use subprograms

DevinJB

Plastic
So I've spent a few hours trying to port over subprogram functionality from other posts to the Brother speedio post for Fusion360. I've hit a wall and I don't think I can realistically do this myself.

Has anyone attempted this? Does anyone have a post that will work?

I'm thinking that it'll probably be easier to edit another post that supports sub-programs to be compatible with the speedio, but I'm not sure which post would be most suitable.

Thanks,
Devin

You're absolutely on the right track. The subprogram implementation is a bit tricky.

Imo start with the fanuc post. It's well developed and supports subprograms. Copy the bits of Speedio magic into it. Tool changes and sync tapping will get you most of the way there, if you were just using the stock Speedio post to start.

A couple of ways to do sub programs on the Speedios:

M98 P____ will jump out to a separate program

M98 H____ will jump to a N number after the M30, keeping everything in one program

A couple of ways to do sub programs on the Speedios:

M98 P____ will jump out to a separate program

M98 H____ will jump to a N number after the M30, keeping everything in one program

If I use M98 P___, and place O____ after the M30 in the same .nc file, will the sub-programs get split into seperate .nc files when loaded into the controller?

If I use M98 P___, and place O____ after the M30 in the same .nc file, will the sub-programs get split into separate .nc files when loaded into the controller?

No. You will have to load the subprograms into the control's file system and additionally make sure they're all in the same folder as the calling program. Your distributor should be able to provide you with some Brother communications software that makes it really easy to transfer files to the machine if it's on your local area network. You can also use an FTP client. Some info about that in this thread: Wifi in Brother with C00 control is easy

I'm working with what I've got, I'd prefer not turn this into an anti autodicks thread. In anycase software and code is only as good as the programmer using it...

If I have to I'm not apposed to getting 80% of the way there with posted code and fingercam it the rest of the way.

No. You will have to load the subprograms into the control's file system and additionally make sure they're all in the same folder as the calling program. Your distributor should be able to provide you with some Brother communications software that makes it really easy to transfer files to the machine if it's on your local area network. You can also use an FTP client. Some info about that in this thread: Wifi in Brother with C00 control is easy

Fantastic, thank you!

If I use M98 P___, and place O____ after the M30 in the same .nc file, will the sub-programs get split into seperate .nc files when loaded into the controller?

As I recall, if you INPUT All when loading a program, it will save the O#### programs after the M30 as separate programs.

Back