What's new
What's new

CAD a 16/32 t15 spline correcly, any splines guys here ?

panscan

Plastic
Hi,

I have been looking at Involute Spline ANSI B92.1 Equations and Design | Engineers Edge | www.engineersedge.com

I need to make a drawing to edm a internal spline 15T 16/32 ansi flatroot side fit spline.

How do I know the clearande for internal and external. I can only find on the bottom of that page "0.001D" does that mean 0.001in of contour clearance or 0.001 x 16 = 0,016? Is there a was to add this clearance to the spline or do I have to make it nominal and then compensate the tolerance when machining?

I attach the settings i have in mastercam right now.

Any input would be good. Thanks

Attachments

• spline.jpg
    spline.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 69
will it be correct to make it nominal and then add the clearance on the "measurment between pins" in mastercam? But would be good what the clearance for this standard is.

(N + 1) / P + 2cF does that mean 15+1/16+(2x0.002) = 25,39365158710322 MM

No knowledge about the specific things you are asking about, but as a general note I thought I'd mention that Inventor has "generators" for splines, gears and such. You just need to feed input into a form and it will create the model or sketch. Not sure what CAD you use, but I would guess that this would be common in most high end CAD programs. Be careful when exporting geometry for typ sheet cutting and such. There's a special export feature for non simplified important stuff like cog teeth and such.

Back