What's new
What's new

CAD CAM Prices For Mill Turn Software ? HAAS STY

aldepoalo

Stainless
Hello community!

I am looking for prices of " Mill Turn " software.

What kind of costs did you face when getting CAD, CAM, and a working post processor for "Mill Turn" machine like a HAAS STY?

Fusion has great haas post support. My new st20y will be run 100% off fusion.

In fact it's even cooler to use fusion then anything else more expensive because it really gets panties in a wad around here [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm becoming a Fusion convert just because of the post support There's lots of online information and there's an excellent post processor forum for fusion and HSM, when I post a question I get an answer anywhere from minutes later to overnight, and it's capable and easy to understand help. At no charge.

HSM Post Processor Forum - Autodesk Community

fusion 360, <500/year

After posting in a few groups I've found the price to be closer to 2K per seat per user to get some of the addon's a job shop would want using this type of machine. Really to me the info is a little muddy and it seems who you have build out your post will play a big role in getting all the feature value, agree or disagree?

After posting in a few groups I've found the price to be closer to 2K per seat per user to get some of the addon's a job shop would want using this type of machine. Really to me the info is a little muddy and it seems who you have build out your post will play a big role in getting all the feature value, agree or disagree?

if you get all the bells and whistles, ya. but not everyone needs those. a basic seat will do millturn just fine

and as mentioned, the default posts are very solid, if you need them edited, tons of people online can help you do it yourself or just do it for you.

Not to hijack this thread, but looking for free (or next to free) software to modify stl files. Any good ones out there? I've tried free cad and Blender. Blender seems ok, but doesn't seem to support the 3d connexion mouse for shit, and maybe stupid, but not having a 3d mouse SUCKS! I just want/need to be able to add fillets and chamfers, not full on modeling or anything...

Not to hijack this thread, but looking for free (or next to free) software to modify stl files. Any good ones out there? I've tried free cad and Blender. Blender seems ok, but doesn't seem to support the 3d connexion mouse for shit, and maybe stupid, but not having a 3d mouse SUCKS! I just want/need to be able to add fillets and chamfers, not full on modeling or anything...

Which version of Blender did you try? I found they really improved their 3D mouse support with 2.8.

Which version of Blender did you try? I found they really improved their 3D mouse support with 2.8.

I'll have to look when I am at home. It does have some support for it, but I can't get it to behave how I have it set up at work and it's very frustrating trying to switch between the two, especially having used the same 3d connexion and parameters for years and years.

I have 4 seats of fusion. We program 2 Haas live tool, y axis, sub spindle Lathes every single day with the basic fusion subscription and generic free posts.

The Manufacturing Extension currently offers very little that would benefit a 4 axis single turret mill-turn. Steep and Shallow: mold work/heavy 3d milling. Toolpath Trim: eliminate patch surfaces for 3d milling, Probe Geometry: not applicable to lathes, Surface Inspect; ditto

Back