What's new
What's new

Cad Programs

cdodd_redangus

Plastic
Hi, I would like to purchase a Cad-Cam Program for my personal use. I do not need it to work g-codes. I just need to be able to draw up things to be fabricated. Like for example if i needed to build some sort of frame or so forth. Also i would like to be able to print my draying out on a normal pc printer. What software would be a good choice, and don't cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks,
Cody

Hi Cody

I would recommend Rhino for CAD with a brand new version just about to be released (V4), you can do all the things you have mentioned, plus should you need CAM at a later date you could buy RhinoCAM for your g-code.

Rhino3d
&
RhinoCAM

Hope this helps.
;)

Thanks Man, Do you have anymore programs, I would like to check out what all is out there before i go out and buy one and regret not getting something different later.

Search for Alibre Express or check the link below to find the free version, which is fully functional but limted in capacity and features. I think that they still offer a 30-day trial version of the full program.

www.alibre.com

Mike

cdodd_redangus

For 2D I used Visual Cadd I have Version 4.0.3 used it for years.

Visual Cadd site has 30 day trial on Version 5.0
http://www.tritools.com/

Screen shot Version 4.0.3:
capture_23092006_130706.jpg

Visual Cadd User group,
http://www.visualcadd.org/

I went 3D two years ago with Solidworks.
105d3473f01.jpg

Cheers, Les H.

Thanks Guys for all of your advice. But i have checked all everything that you guys have explained. But all i need is a program to drawe up things like you would see it on a blueprint. If you have anymore suggetions i would really love to hear them.

Thanks Agian
Cody

I know I'm asking a lot, but does anyone know a decent 3d cad for less than Rhino ($895)? I grew up on Solilworks (in college) and still use it for work, but I'd like a program for personal use.

-Kevin

Alibre do a free version called Express.
DesignCAD 3D is $100
Turbocad V12 de-Luxe is $150
Cadmax Master is $300
Varicad 3D is $350

You need to Google these and take a tour to see what suits your pocket and ease of use.

Back