What's new
What's new

Cam Instructor

David812

Plastic
Been an operator for roughy 6 years. Learned a lot and ready to take my job to the next level. Employer will not train for programming and school is to far. Is cam instructor a good option to learn master cam? Open to any other recommendations also. Thank you!

Caminstructor ins't bad, just not in depth in my opinion. I haven't taken any Streaming teacher courses, but I've been told they're good.

The problem I've seen with CAM training is that the course goes through which buttons they click to make a particular toolpah, but not why.

The whole context of being a good programmer is creating an executable with feeds/speeds/depths/widths/approach and many more aspects that will successfully make the part. The training programs have to approach the machining concept from a hugely generic perspective, which then you have to apply to a very specific situation that needs to be 100% on point.

In reality there is a lot of first person learning with your machines and your cutting tools to make your customer's parts. There is no short cut other than paying your dues and real life knowledge gained from work.

Do your time, ask ALOT of questions, and practice. Ask the programmers if you can help - on your time. Invest of yourself and others will invest of you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What part of Texas are you in? In the DFW area both Tarrant county and Dallas county junior college teach mastercam and solidworks. I would think it would be the same in other counties with colleges across the state

Their training is good. If you want to get a feel for how their stuff is they do have a youtube channel with some videos. Some are old, some are new. Just search for caminstructor on youtube.

The whole debate on whats better, online/college/reseller, the best one is the one you actually complete. So pick the one that works for your schedule and budget.

I would NOT suggest picking a DIY option. I also would NOT suggest picking a free option.

Titan Is offering a totally free learning curriculum. I think it would be worth your time to check it out. He has a lot of stuff on YouTube as well. I have not checked it out in depth but have heard some good things about it. It's based on Fusion and I think you can down load that for free. It's not Master Cam but you could learn a lot from using his program.

Follow the link TITANS of CNC: Academy

Good luck I'm proud of you for stepping up and working hard to advance yourself.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Do not go with caminstructor. I've worked through their 2D and 3D milling lessons and have been very disappointing. The videos are slow, the narrator repeats himself over and over, the videos are step-by-step word-for-word the same as the printed instructions they provide.

There's really not much value in the class at all. It's not going to teach you the important things like when to use which tool with what toolpath. It hardly even teaches you what the settings do within the software.

I wish I had saved myself the money. At least it was only $260.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back