What's new
What's new

CAM software for SolidWorks

Szmal

Plastic
Just started a new shop with a few CNC Fanuc Controlled lathes. I've been using SolidWorks since it first came out and am looking for advice on the best CAM add-on. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I would like to have the option of using canned cycles. I looked into Fusion 360 as a standalone CAM but believe they don't have that option.

HSMworks would be the plug-in for Solidworks.

If you're asking about G71/G72 type cycles, then no the HSM/Fusion CAM won't do them. That said it will output normal drilling cycles using the canned codes.

Is there a reason you want to use those cycles? Lathe programs are generally so short that using longhand isn't much of a problem in my (limited) experience.

hsmworks is obsolete.

Solidcam is what we upgraded to and we love it for 2d, 3d, 4 and 5 axis work.
We still prefer gibbscam for turning/millturn but it works

HSMworks would be the plug-in for Solidworks.

If you're asking about G71/G72 type cycles, then no the HSM/Fusion CAM won't do them. That said it will output normal drilling cycles using the canned codes.

Is there a reason you want to use those cycles? Lathe programs are generally so short that using longhand isn't much of a problem in my (limited) experience.

O yes they can! They added canned cycles support for turning

How is HSMworks obsolete? It is getting constant feature updates and additions.

no not really, they patch it but nothing really new, turning hasn't had the same new features as Fusions.

I have all 3 CAM's from Autodesk, education gets them for free.

I use HSMWorks everyday, the other machinist uses Fusion so we compare all the time.

Back