CAMplete - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CAMplete

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We looked seriously at Camplete, and I even toured their home office and production facility a few years back. There is a lot of accurate information in this thread. Camplete is a post, and a verification tool. Unfortunately, their integration with WorkNC was poor, and features we need (like outputting symmetrically opposite toolpaths) was absent. We ended up going with Eureka from Roboris.

Camplete does look like a great product.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We use their turn mill product that came packaged with our lathe. I only post from my Cam system and load it into Camplete and check the simple things like turret timing and spindle direction so I keep the tooling info pretty generic and dont put a lot of time into setting it up. Depending on your cam system rendering I see how it could be a real help for checking clearances for tooling and fixture clearance with 5 axis work as long as the values are inputted into it are accurate. They have been great with support and editing my seat whenever I needed their assistance.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I use Camplete as a post for Mastercam. Mastercam supports Camplete with a plugin inside Mastercam to export the NCI, part geometry, fixtures and stock. As far as I know, Vericut does not post. It takes G code from your post and verifies it. Camplete verifies you CAM file, checks it against the custom machine file they create with the machine solid model and posts the G code. Very powerful and I have not had any issues with any of their output code. I have not even tried the editing capabilities yet like tool interference and tool length mods. I have no connection with them other than working with them to provide machine setups for Doosan 5 axis machines. We will be offering Camplete with our machines. I believe Gibbs and Powermill also support Camplete with plugins. In the near future they will also support our 4 axis horizontals and, hopefully, our mill/turns.

Paul

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We are in the final stages of deciding between an Okuma and a Matsuura 5-axis, and just so everyone knows, while not yet available bundled with the machine, the Okumas do have some support right now (depending on model and features). It was not expensive!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So I saw that Saunders video, but he never answered the key question - so CAMPlete finds all kinds of little issues with code... but can it actually correct them?

If MasterCAM/Fusion is spitting out bullshit moves that screw with 5 axis surfaces (as demonstrated), it does me little good to know about them if I have no levers in the CAM system to pull to solve it. If CAMPlete can do that, it would be pretty neat!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gkoenig View Post
    So I saw that Saunders video, but he never answered the key question - so CAMPlete finds all kinds of little issues with code... but can it actually correct them?

If MasterCAM/Fusion is spitting out bullshit moves that screw with 5 axis surfaces (as demonstrated), it does me little good to know about them if I have no levers in the CAM system to pull to solve it. If CAMPlete can do that, it would be pretty neat!
    As other people said, Camplete is not a CAM system. So, no, you don't have that kind of control inside Camplete. You would have to go back to your CAM system, fix the problem, and reimport to Camplete. And that is where you want to fix the problem. No verification software I know of will let you change toolpaths. There are options to extend tool length, re-import different tool holders and fixtures in case you find there is a collision of some sort. That will change the validity of your CAM part file so it's best to do it correctly there first and not depend on Camplete for valid toolpaths. Camplete is a post processor/simulator first. I like it but that is mostly because we use Mastercam, Powermill, Gibbs and Partmaker and depending on what the new guy wants, maybe something else too. But now, I only have to deal with one post maker. And regardless of machines, the same machine file is used regardless of CAM system.

Regards,
    Paul

7. Likes empwoer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gkoenig View Post

This is why I like the NX product. Same capability but its all the same software. You can even import hand written Gcode files in and run them through the machine setup (I do this a lot with macros I need to run (Probing, engraving , etc))

9. Likes empwoer liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Roboris Eureka was mentioned earlier - we use this. It allows you to edit the g-code by hand, simulate, and then export but it won't edit toolpaths on it's own (outside of arc fitting or condensing straight line moves).

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN.T View Post
    No a Mikron actually. A matsuura is a badass machine, but it would have put us at least 100k over budget. But the Mikron is a really awesome machine as well. I'm not disappointed at all.

Huh?
    How you liking that Mikron?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mkd View Post
    How you liking that Mikron?
    I love it, I can't say it enough. I absolutely love it. Everything about this machine is perfectly thought out. The chip management is perfect, the accuracy is amazing. And heidenhain ,turns out is the best control ever, I had never used heidenhain, but now I don't ever want to use anything else. Get Camplete and you will have perfect collision detection and a flawless post. You can't go wrong.

13. Likes Mike1974, mkd liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I love it, I can't say it enough. I absolutely love it. Everything about this machine is perfectly thought out. The chip management is perfect, the accuracy is amazing. And heidenhain ,turns out is the best control ever, I had never used heidenhain, but now I don't ever want to use anything else. Get Camplete and you will have perfect collision detection and a flawless post. You can't go wrong.

I know your original post was about 6 months old. I assume you got Camplete working for you.

Did you have any issues? I know what I mentioned about setup was because we did not get proper training. Did you get some training?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Been working on their general purpose E500U. Very impressed too. Their P400U are absolutely scary fast (linear motors).
    CAMplete play very well. Just ran a 70MB impeller. flawless.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    I know your original post was about 6 months old. I assume you got Camplete working for you.

Did you have any issues? I know what I mentioned about setup was because we did not get proper training. Did you get some training?

I'm not sure I would say I had proper training, I definitely called Camplete a bunch of times with questions and changes. But they were really great about helping me out. What are you struggling with? I may be able to help.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Been working on their general purpose E500U. Very impressed too. Their P400U are absolutely scary fast (linear motors).
    CAMplete play very well. Just ran a 70MB impeller. flawless.
    Man that's the dream! I've been working on an impeller for fun, but my shop definitely doesn't do anything that complex. I've never seen the 400 in person, but ide like to. Do you own one?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Man that's the dream! I've been working on an impeller for fun, but my shop definitely doesn't do anything that complex. I've never seen the 400 in person, but ide like to. Do you own one?
    Lol no I don't own one. A guy can dream, right?
    Ellison/CA is having an open house next week if you want to check out a 500u

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lol no I don't own one. A guy can dream, right?
    Ellison/CA is having an open house next week if you want to check out a 500u
    The e500u is what ive got! Though I do like an open house.

20. Likes mkd liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The e500u is what ive got! Though I do like an open house.
    e500u is the one i'd get if i could. better yet, the p800u. lol.
    does yours have the pallet changer?

Message me if you ever have any HH questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Problem with those mikron models is they are made in China.... >.<

Pretty sure it is the same as the old "HEM 500" machine. A member here had one with a pallet changer and got them to take it back because of the issues.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not sure I would say I had proper training, I definitely called Camplete a bunch of times with questions and changes. But they were really great about helping me out. What are you struggling with? I may be able to help.

I've long since moved on from that shop, but thank you. Glad to hear it is going well.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we just got our camplete license with the matsuura LX160 and i played around with it a bit today. with 0 prior experience i got the hang of it pretty quickly within an hour of playing around in it. there's almost no setup to it, pretty much import toolpaths/geometry and hit play. i like it a lot so far!