What's new
What's new

CAMWORKS Post for Doosan DNM5700/Fanuc Oi-MF

serview

Aluminum
Hello,
I have a Doosan DNM-5700 but am still working on getting a good post to work with my CAD/CAM Setup.
I am using Solidworks 2019 with Camworks 2019.

I am trying to locate or make a CAMWORKS 2019 post to run with a Doosan DNM-5700, with the Fanuc Oi-MF controller

I have been able to post and run GCODE using a generic post called FANUCOM that comes with CAMWORKS
But I have to modify the code by hand to eliminate errors
(it puts G41 T3# on lines when it applies cutter comp, with the # being the actual tool number,
and I need to remove the 3 which is not too bad, not sure why it does this though)
This is allowing me to use the machine until I get a better post configured

They have a few other Fanuc posts as well,
FANUC10M
FANUC11M
FANUC15M
Are any of these posts worth trying? - just curious if anyone has an opinion or knowledge about this
I will go through them and test one at a time, but am open to suggestions as to which of these controllers may be closest to the Fanuc Oi-MF.
I will test them one a time and see if any work correctly.

I tried the DNM-500 post supplied by the reseller and it faulted the controller during the run (on a G41 line)
N99 G41 D1 X1.4498 Y-0.0552 F52;
Alarm: PS0041: INTERFERENCE IN G41/42
I will keep trying to figure this out, perhaps the post is usable if I can fix this error.

I will need to figure this out one way or another, but I am wondering if anyone has been able to locate or develop a CAMWORKS post for the DNM-5700 with the Fanuc Oi-MF controller.

The SOLIDWORKS/CAMWORKS reseller is helping and we will create this together, but it has been slow to get the correct post
The current plan is to learn the UPG (Universal Post Generator), but I am just getting started on learning this UPG.
in the meantime, it would be good to know if anyone has solved this and has this post and if so how did you get it?

Thanks!
Steve

Steve,
I happen to work for Doosan here in NJ. I'm surprised that Camworks can't immediately supply you with a good post for your DNM5700. They have been out quite a long time and posts have been nailed down for that long also. A generic post should work fine except for a couple of minor M Codes.

As for your error on the G41, are you using Camworks for the tool diameter in the system or in the machine. You will have better luck doing it inside Camworks and using your wear offset only. Fanuc has known issues with comping for 1/2 the tool in the control especially when you try to sneak a .500 endmill into a .250 radius corner. I exclusively use wear offsets and let my CAM system comp for half the tool.

I can't help directly with your post but we are here to help when help is needed for other machine related issues.

Regards,
Paul Anderson
Doosan Machine Tools America
973-618-2457 (Direct Line)
[email protected]

Thanks Paul!
I will check into your questions, I appreciate your quick response.
You are one of the people I was going to call about the Camworks post, thanks for letting me know I will push harder at the Camworks reseller to expend their search as we don't want to make this ourselves unless we have to.
I do have some other questions but will contact you in person over the next couple of weeks.
FYI - We met briefly when I went for training and you showed our class some finer details of the Renishaw probing and toolsetting.
I appreciate how you always stay on top of questions related to Doosan here on Practical Machinist
I am working on my list of questions for you, and will be back in touch.
I am glad you guys are located close by, that is a big reason we went with Doosan.
Thanks again and have a great weekend.
Steve

As a 13 year user of Camworks, I will recommend that you take the time to learn UPG. Dealing with a reseller about posts is often difficult, and if you want it "just so", it may turn out to be a frustrating endeavor. That's what motivated me to learn UPG, and I haven't regretted it. I've created 17 posts so far for the various kinds of machines in my company, and it's a nice feeling to know that any time we get a new machine, I need to fix an obscure issue or add a capability that was not there before, I can do it. It's a little difficult at first, but if you keep with it you'll get it. Should Camworks have provided a better post for your machine? Perhaps, but the problem is, everyone wants things their own way. There's no way they could provide posts that will please everyone. That's why they supply generic posts for many kinds of controllers, and give you the tool to customize them the way you want. Try to get your reseller to get you started with a decent post, then take the time (if you have it) to learn UPG.

Thanks Rainman,
I will work on learning the CAMWORKS UPG to make/edit my own post, and the CAM reseller will be involved as well.

I preferred to get one that was tested for the specific machine/controller, but so far this does not seem available from the CAM reseller.

I think it is worth it to develop this skill to learn how to create/modify the post, and I do like the idea having control of the post and the ability to make changes down the road.

I am going to get started on learning the UPG, and keep pushing the reseller to get this taken care of as well.

Fortunately I am able to run old GCODE programs I have already developed, and can post new ones and manually fix the code, so this will keep me running until the new post is working.

Thanks
Steve

Back