What's new
What's new

Can anyone recommend good places to learn CREO CAM stuff coming from MasterCAM?

pauls_boutique

Plastic
Hi all. I’m looking to learn to use CREO during my free time at work. I do rapid prototyping work for a large company, the floor level machinists all use MasterCAM and the engineers and CAD people all use CREO. My department kind of falls in between so we have full licenses to both, but none of us know how to use CREO besides pulling .stp files.

I’ve been watching videos on youtube and the little bit of CAD I’ve picked up seems much easier than making models with MasterCAM. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be many tutorials for CREO compared to MasterCAM/Fusion/whatever. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Paul

I've been using i GET IT for Siemens NX training and have been happy with the value of it. Looks like they have Creo courses as well, but not as many: PTC Creo Training - i GET IT

You can get a year's access to their Creo stuff for $150. I have no affiliation with them besides being a customer.

Hi all. I’m looking to learn to use CREO during my free time at work. I do rapid prototyping work for a large company, the floor level machinists all use MasterCAM and the engineers and CAD people all use CREO. My department kind of falls in between so we have full licenses to both, but none of us know how to use CREO besides pulling .stp files.

I’ve been watching videos on youtube and the little bit of CAD I’ve picked up seems much easier than making models with MasterCAM. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be many tutorials for CREO compared to MasterCAM/Fusion/whatever. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Paul

I can't help with your question, I just wanted to compliment you on your choice of username!
:cheers:

I've been using i GET IT for Siemens NX training and have been happy with the value of it. Looks like they have Creo courses as well, but not as many: PTC Creo Training - i GET IT

You can get a year's access to their Creo stuff for $150. I have no affiliation with them besides being a customer.

Yeah, it looks like they don't have much for Creo. If I ever get into NX it's something I'll take a look at though.

Been considering Creo myself, I found a few youtube videos on this channel Creo Parametric - YouTube

Haven't used it but it looks worlds better than when I tried to program in ProE 15 years ago.

I watched the absolute beginners lessons here and they were pretty helpful. Everything else looks pretty specific, I probably just need to dig around more. What I'm really looking for is a dummies version of this Creo Machining for Beginners Webinar I can follow along with.

I can't help with your question, I just wanted to compliment you on your choice of username!

Thanks!

I watched the absolute beginners lessons here and they were pretty helpful. Everything else looks pretty specific, I probably just need to dig around more. What I'm really looking for is a dummies version of this Creo Machining for Beginners Webinar I can follow along with.

Thanks!

Yeah he had a few milling videos but more would be better. Was enough to understand the workflow but not enough to get good.
Creo Parametric Manufacturing - CNC Machining Overview [Part 1] - YouTube

Back