What's new
What's new

Cimitron 15 users?

PegroProX440

Hot Rolled
My shop has all stayed at Cimatron 14 for the time being. I got a 115 pg document of all the updates in version 15 and it looks sweet. Any users have impressions on it over 14? We will switch eventually, waiting for our sister company to switch and we will both update all together. If I could get some positive feedback maybe I can push for it.

We just added a new computer and another seat of Cimatron to go with it here so we went ahead and installed 15 on the new system before we switch over the other two seats.

We had a conflict with our anti-virus at first but it was fixed by installing Cimatron first and then re-installing the anti-virus stuff. I had the same problem on my current computer when I installed 14 so probably not related to 15 anyway.

I haven't used 15 to too much myself but so far it seems like a solid improvement from what my coworker has noticed.

A couple nice improvements:

They finally added a helical mill option to the 2.5x milling procedures!

When using autodrill, if you need to make an adjustment to stock or move/rotate the workpiece after the sequences are setup you actually have a chance of doing so without completely screwing everything up. This is big, since in the past you would have to be super careful or else any minor change could completely mess up the sequences and pretty much force you to start over, a huge annoyance when you just spent a bunch of time programming a complicated part. seems much better now.

I've been on 15 for three weeks. Seamless transition with the update. Along with what's been mentioned I feel the remachine is improved with rough only options and a high speed radius option. I think the stock calculated differently and we have had a few hiccups using old files hanging up when adding new operations.

The procedures have a few different options inside and I'm going to be replacing my templates with new 15 procedures. The old templates work I just feel updates will be better.

I'm discovering more improvements / changes as I use the new version and
If you run into any problems feel free to post questions here or pm me and hopfully I can help. That's what makes this forum so great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back