CNC Machine Simulation Software
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default CNC Machine Simulation Software

So i'm looking at getting a g-code machine simulation software to add to my line up. I have included in my list Vericut, NCSIMUL, Eureka and CIMCO. I need it to work on both mills & lathes. I need the ability to make my own machines and control files.

Any others I should look at?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you wanting a software that goes beyond what most cam packages produce(simulation wise)?

I've heard hype of CAMplete, if so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sirAIG View Post
    Are you wanting a software that goes beyond what most cam packages produce(simulation wise)?

I've heard hype of CAMplete, if so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yes, I want something that actually simulates g-code, most CAM software are reading their on internal CLS file. If your using special macros, custom G or M codes, then it is normally not simulated. I also, do a fair amount revisions to legacy NC programs with no CAM available at all. The goal is to allow me to validate NC programs off-line more accurately with g-code simulation. BTW, I always use my CAM package simulation module prior to posting.

I will add CAMplete to the list, I forgot about that one.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mfg_Engineer View Post
    Yes, I want something that actually simulates g-code, most CAM software are reading their on internal CLS file. If your using special macros, custom G or M codes, then it is normally not simulated. I also, do a fair amount revisions to legacy NC programs with no CAM available at all. The goal is to allow me to validate NC programs off-line more accurately with g-code simulation. BTW, I always use my CAM package simulation module prior to posting.

I will add CAMplete to the list, I forgot about that one.
    Some software such as NX gives you the option to simulate the internal operation, the internal operation output from a specific post processor (super nice) or lastly an NC file. You didn't mention what you're using; are you sure your cam software cannot simulate the way you want? If not my vote goes for an external solution goes for Vericut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think CNC Cookbook makes what you're asking about, and the support is excellent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keep in mind CAMPlete does not simulate YOUR g-code, it creates it's own with your cut file and own post processor.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Plus, as much of a CAMplete fanboi as I am, I don't think you can make your own machine definitions in it. Give Jeff up there a call and ask but I think it is licensed on a per-machine basis. It is designed to be turn key, not really what it sounds like you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Take a look at Eureka as well.

CNC simulation software | NC and G code simulator, robot programming

If this interests you, contact Lemoine Technologies, as they are a reseller, but they also have an app that pretty much automates the entire process. We use it on our cells for lights out machining. The support is exceptional.