What's new
What's new

CNC Machine Simulation Software

Mfg_Engineer

Aluminum
So i'm looking at getting a g-code machine simulation software to add to my line up. I have included in my list Vericut, NCSIMUL, Eureka and CIMCO. I need it to work on both mills & lathes. I need the ability to make my own machines and control files.

Any others I should look at?

Are you wanting a software that goes beyond what most cam packages produce(simulation wise)?

I've heard hype of CAMplete, if so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Are you wanting a software that goes beyond what most cam packages produce(simulation wise)?

I've heard hype of CAMplete, if so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, I want something that actually simulates g-code, most CAM software are reading their on internal CLS file. If your using special macros, custom G or M codes, then it is normally not simulated. I also, do a fair amount revisions to legacy NC programs with no CAM available at all. The goal is to allow me to validate NC programs off-line more accurately with g-code simulation. BTW, I always use my CAM package simulation module prior to posting.

I will add CAMplete to the list, I forgot about that one.

Yes, I want something that actually simulates g-code, most CAM software are reading their on internal CLS file. If your using special macros, custom G or M codes, then it is normally not simulated. I also, do a fair amount revisions to legacy NC programs with no CAM available at all. The goal is to allow me to validate NC programs off-line more accurately with g-code simulation. BTW, I always use my CAM package simulation module prior to posting.

I will add CAMplete to the list, I forgot about that one.

Some software such as NX gives you the option to simulate the internal operation, the internal operation output from a specific post processor (super nice) or lastly an NC file. You didn't mention what you're using; are you sure your cam software cannot simulate the way you want? If not my vote goes for an external solution goes for Vericut.

Plus, as much of a CAMplete fanboi as I am, I don't think you can make your own machine definitions in it. Give Jeff up there a call and ask but I think it is licensed on a per-machine basis. It is designed to be turn key, not really what it sounds like you want.

Back