What's new
What's new

Contour Files

Scra99tch

Plastic
Hi,

I need help understanding a little more about contour files. Specifically Siemens control, with Haas Multigrind V7 software. The manual is a little tough to follow but am making headway into basic geometry. My next step is to complete a tap with back relief but need to know a little more about contour files and how they work.

As of now, when I make a hex, or a box end for my taps I complete a corresponding file and produce a layer at the depth I need the flat to go. This will interpolate the grinding wheel around the hex diameter stepping down as needed. This is I can understand, what I'll need to do next is relieve grind either cam or flat on a particular element of the contour. This is where I don't quite understand the contour editor, and what needs to be included in the file. I have the ability to load .DXF files so should I model the tap in solid works load it as .DXF then possibly pick out the elements that I need to back relief?

There is an option in the machine for a logarithmic operation that looks like I can do upwards of 3 clearance angles but do not see what needs to be included in the file operation.

Attachments

• haas1.jpg
    haas1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 85
  • haas2.jpg
    haas2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 55

Back